My first and best ACL soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
In my area of Kentucky, we have a lot of hills, ridges, mountains, ravines, creeks and streams. Every once in a while, I walk in the streams looking for odds and ends. This past April, I was walking in a stream bed for no particular reason. I saw a green bottle sticking out of a mud embankment. I pulled it out, and it was a 1950's era 7-UP bottle from Lexington KY. It was badly damaged, so I left it on the bank so I could dispose of it later. Then I came to a wide, wooded area and the creek was full of bottles! Screw tops and crown tops for as far as the eye could see! I didn't have anything to carry much out in, as I wasn't expecting to find a bottle dump, but next time I go back, I will bring something. I found a Barq's root beer bottle from Portsmouth Ohio, A Certo penicillin bottle, a huge cork top champagne bottle, and this 7-UP bottle. This is my best ACL bottle to date. If you will notice, the ingredient "Lithia Citrate" is listed. This ingredient was removed prior to 1950. Reading the base mark, my best guess for a date would be 1946. I will post another thread showing the others that I found soon. And yes, I will definitely go back!

DSC_1075.jpgDSC_1076.jpgDSC_1081.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
it is a nice 7 up bottle , I always like finding those bottles and have found a few over the years .

if you go back just focus on bringing back some of the better stuff and should do ok

Screwtop

Reaction score
I know that there were a lot of Certo bottles with a keystone mark, a lot of crown top beer bottles, a few screw top flasks, and a few weird things. There was one bottle that had me crying in agony. It was a large cork top bottle that said Dr. Miles Medical Co. Common, but it would have been nice.

borear1

Reaction score
Not 100% sure but I think Dr. Pepper was bottled by Douglas also I have one same cursive writing.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

borear1

Reaction score
Sorry am new to this and I thank you for your patience I haven't dug since I was young I know those bottle are not very old.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Its all good. You love bottle hunting and collecting, your in the right place. Glad to hear your digging again. ROBBYBOBBY64

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora