What is the best piece of intact advertsing you have found while bottle digging?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Ever since digging my Hensch Scissor sign I have wondered what other pieces of advertising people have found (besides jugs and bottles) while bottle digging. If you have dug intact advertsing pieces besides jugs and bottles including signs, ashtrays, chinaware, etc. please post your best intact piece here.

Here is my best and only advertising sign:

20180906_155142.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's mine, A extremely rare 1 of a kind, only one known to exist early 1900 (possibly 1890's?) ROG (reverse on glass) Mt. Clemens Brewery Sign. Found at bottom of privy at 5 feet. unbroken. A Amazing piece. I got a award for digging this unique piece of history. LEON.PearlFoamSign.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
A few years ago I dug an enameled tin Southern Select beer sign in Galveston. That sucker was about 5' x 3'. Not in great shape but still was pretty impressive.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
One wonders how the heck a piece of glass that big remained unbroken in a privy.

Jim G

hemihampton

Reaction score
One wonders how the heck a piece of glass that big remained unbroken in a privy.

Jim G

This might be the only ROG Sign with this type of glass. The glass is extremely thick, looks like almost 1/2 inch thick, not thin plate glass like a window. Also has beveled or scalloped edges cut in glass edge also not seen on any other ROG. LEON.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi