Barnyard find!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Raypadua

Reaction score
Hi there, I just picked up a couple of barnyard boxes filled with old bottles. A few still have caps or corks sealing them. Other than some vintage beer and pop bottles I have never purchased "other" bottles before and the fun is just beginning! Here are the first 3 of 30+ bottles from the two boxes.

Scott's Emulsion Bottle.jpgEno's Fruit Salts.jpgGarton's HP sauce.jpg

A little tired from shaking rice inside these guys so taking a break from cleaning :)

Ray

Raypadua

Reaction score
It is soooo exciting! I started with cleaning the bottles with words and will move on to the many unmarked ones. I think a lot of them are early 1900’s but I’m sure I’ll learn more once they are all cleaned up.

I’ll take more pictures when the jobs done!

Raypadua

Reaction score
Here are 3 more from the barnyard boxes. The first is a Rawleigh's Bottle, the 2nd is a green bottle with Applied finish and with a deeply indented, conical base marked with an "R" and the 3rd is an aqua bottle with a Tooled finish marked with an AB K20 on the base. Does anyone know more about the green and aqua bottles?

Rawleigh's Bottle.jpgGreen Bottle with Applied Finish.jpgGreen Bottle with Applied Finish Bottle Base Marked R .jpgGreen Bottle Applied Finish.jpgAqua Bottle Base Marked AB K20.jpgAqua Bottle with Tooled Finish Full.jpgAqua Bottle with Tooled Finish.jpg

Raypadua

Reaction score
Found a little more information on the AB bottle from the Glass Bottle Marks website:

https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/list-abconnected-bottle-base-mold-codes/#comment-20707

[h=3]The AB-marked bottles are generally believed to date from the c. 1905-1917 period, and were made by Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Company and/or American Bottle Company (see page here with more information).[/h][h=3]They are typically found in light blue-aqua glass, occasionally in light green, sun-colored amethyst, and (rarely) amber, and were evidently produced in VERY large numbers, with many iron or steel molds for this particular type of bottle being utilized simultaneously. The bottles were made in two sizes, the so-called “pint” and “quart”, in reality holding (respectively) about 12 ounces and 24 ounces. The great majority of these bottles were hand-blown, as just a few have been found that appear to be machine-made.[/h]

hemihampton

Reaction score
hhhmmmm, I've found some of those AB bottles before, Didn't know anybody was compiling a list or I might of kept mine. I think I may of threw them back in the hole considering it a slick? LEON.

Raypadua

Reaction score
It's quite a list and people keep emailing their new finds and where they are from. My K20 wasn't on the list so I emailed him as well :) Glad to find something unlisted and be able to add to the database!!!

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've dug those AB bottles by the thousand in Galveston...they are about indestructible. Back into the hole they went! Can't keep them all...

Raypadua

Reaction score
My eyes would pop right out of my head if I discovered hole filled with thousands of century old bottles :)

Still hoping to find someone in Winnipeg to take me on my first dig!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora