Who made the CD 141 cross top

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

panhandle

Reaction score
Just picked up a very nice CD 141 cross top and it has no embossing. It's a beautiful dark aqua. Someone had to make it but I can't come up with any info. HELP

Reaction score
I'm not an expert with insulators nor am I one with old bottles, but I do love to find, buy and collect both, and really the best place I've found to do some re-search on insulators, and they have a great list of additional resources that link to on-line sites as well as books you can buy! You may already know of the site or use it to get your CD numbers but it is the "Glass Insulators Collectors Reference Site", - www.insulators.info! I think the even have a link to this forum! But anyway, it can be a little confusing to navigate their site when you are looking for exact information but what you're looking for would probably be on there somewhere! I use it A LOT!! Any time I'm bored or when I'm holding an insulator I need to look up for the CD # or just whatever I go there and look around!! Hope this helps some! I personally don't know anything about the one you're asking about tho, sorry!! Maybe someone else here will chime in!!

BillinMo

Reaction score
That's a great question... but I haven't seen any sort of convincing evidence as to who made them. Until someone comes up with a catalog or some other info, it's difficult to say for certain.

Mr. Hemingray

Reaction score
Determined by glass color, quality and texture, Brookfield made them. BF also made some of the CD 143 Dwight pieces among a good number of other CDs and styles.

eric70

Reaction score
I agree with Mr. Hemingray, from the ones that I have seen they have all the signs that Brookfield produced them. I know that the 208 came out around 1914 which is a cross-top with inner skirt and made for more rugged territory, perhaps the 141 came out around the same time......the 141 seems more like a 121 with a cross-top. I don't know specifically where these were used/found but most likely was a preference type of thing, something like why some phone companies chose the 104s rather that the ever popular 102s

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Hey, have you got a pic? My husband was a lineman before becoming a supervisor. He didnt realize people collected the insulators before i showed him your post.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi