My only hutch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Warf rat

Reaction score
I never thought I would find one in my small dump but by golly. So, I can't find much on. Fount it on a list but no information. I have found these other bottles. Wondered where this bottler got its bottles and what they put in. What kind of bottle would you call these? The great bend bottles have the same embossing the hutch and the other ones the crown top has the D on the bottom.

Last edited:

Warf rat

Reaction score
Picture here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 212

Warf rat

Reaction score
The hutch has on top GREAT BEND, in middle D, bottom KAN'S. The crown top says Great bend top, bottling works middle, great bend, Kans. bottom. capitol d on underneath side. On bottom side it says 1408 ROOT 12.

Last edited:

treasurekidd

Reaction score
Nice hutch! Follow the first link to a 1912 article on the History of Barton County, Kansas which refers to a Duncan Bottling Works, of Great Bend, Kansas. It's just a hunch, but the large D on the bottle could stand for Duncan. The Hutch book also references this bottle as "unknown" (and RARE), but also list a hutch from an H.E. Dean in Great Bend(second link), so the D could reference Dean as well. Do you have a local bottle club out there that could possibly verify which this bottle is from? Good luck ID'ing it!

https://books.google.com/books?id=h...=onepage&q=great bend bottling kansas&f=false

http://www.hutchbook.com/Bottle Dir...nd_Hutches=Find+Hutchinsons&Source=Attributes

Last edited:

Warf rat

Reaction score
I live about an hour from great bend don't know of any bottle clubs. None in the small town I live in. I believe mine would be KS0078 the back of bottle is blank. It is just like the discription. Thanks! very interesting

sandchip

Reaction score
Looks like you're doing good. I've only found one intact Hutch in my 44 years of collecting.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Looks like you're doing good. I've only found one intact Hutch in my 44 years of collecting.

I just found 8 maybe 9 hutch's today in one little hole. Yours does look like KS0078 on Hutchbook, You should send Ron from Hutchbook a picture of your hutch so he can add it to the site. Congrats on the nice find. LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp