Green bottles, I.D.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I dug these two in a gully about two years ago. One says "Squibb" and the other is plain. Both carry the iconic Owens-Illinois diamond "O" logo, dating to at least 1930. I believe the Squibb bottle carried Aspirin? The other bottle I have no clue. What is really neat, is that I found the originally dropper that came with it. Any suggestion on what it might be?

DSC_1213.jpgDSC_1215.jpgDSC_1219.jpg

sunrunner

Reaction score
with a dropper it cud have been for ear oil . cold sour medicine , any number of things . I look at old advertising , in magazines and news papers to see if they show the bottle I'm looking for.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
I found an ad dated June 13, 1935 for a 16 oz version of your bottle. Your bottle looks smaller than 16 oz.
squib.jpg

bottle-bud

Reaction score
I found numerous ads with the same style bottle with many different products in many different sizes
squib liver.jpg squib aspirin.PNG

Last edited:

timofthree

Reaction score
I almost though this was the same type of small green I found recently. But mine is diamond shaped ang the des. pat. led me to the bottle design patent sheet. I determined mine was a nasal mist, probably had a mister on top.

Cool ok you found the dropper, no question there!

homesculptor

Reaction score
I dug these two in a gully about two years ago. One says "Squibb" and the other is plain. Both carry the iconic Owens-Illinois diamond "O" logo, dating to at least 1930. I believe the Squibb bottle carried Aspirin? The other bottle I have no clue. What is really neat, is that I found the originally dropper that came with it. Any suggestion on what it might be?

View attachment 184345View attachment 184346View attachment 184347
The one I found has an anchor on the bottom. They say squib, and some other writing on the bottom I can make out BOTTLEMANUFUSA under the anchor. It has 8 sides.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi