age of a clear corked bottle found in a woodlot ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this bottle earlier this week , obviously its a plain clear corked bottle . likely had a paper label on it at some point

more trying to determine its age and if its actually old or not . if its old , likely from the 1910's-20's or earlier . only marking on it is " 486 " on the bottom

but the location where it was found , haven't found anything else old there . everything has been from the 60's or 70's era . lots of bottles on this lot but nothing close to old . I think the lot of was being used as a " brush dump ", place for people to dump leaves or wood but some left trash instead

found the bottle near an old barbed wire fence and didn't appear to be anything else nearby . it was just sort of sticking out of the ground

P9130001.jpgP9130003.jpgP9150002.jpgP9150005.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Looks like 20s or 30s to me, probably not 1910s since most Canadian medicine bottles were still BIM at that point. It could have been a late throw or a one-off drop, or there could be some older stuff around there.

RCO

Reaction score
Looks like 20s or 30s to me, probably not 1910s since most Canadian medicine bottles were still BIM at that point. It could have been a late throw or a one-off drop, or there could be some older stuff around there.

if there is other old stuff , certainly haven't seen any sign of it . the woodlot is near some agricultural areas and a small lake front village is nearby , someone could of dumped some trash in the woods at some point

but nothing I found there till I uncovered this bottle seemed even remotely old , which was why I was trying to determine if it was old or not

but does seem to have some age to it and unlikely it was in use during the 60's or 70's era

BottleDragon

Reaction score
I would also guess 1920's... if not it's doing a good imitation. I believe the changeover from corks to screw tops was typically around the early 1930's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264