Zero Bottling Works, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I finally added a 6.5 oz Zero to my collection!.. been waiting a long time for one this nice, so many are bruised and badly worn. I love the slender fluting of this art deco era bottle, and the embossed angled ZERO. There is no makers mark or date code but is marked Design Registered 1928.
I have one other from Zero and it's a beautiful green 30oz ACL with a graphic to die for!

20180914_100753.jpg
20180914_101054.jpg

Zero-green quart.jpg

20180916_142014.jpg

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
I've seen the embossed zero bottle online before but don't really know much about it , never seen the 30 oz before

Winnipeg was fairly big and a central city for that area , so not surprising it had a number of different bottlers

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Cool art deco! Looks like it's a custom design as well, not a generic. And that ACL has some great graphics as well! I don't remember seeing either before.

Raypadua

Reaction score
I'm hoping to pick up some Zero Bottling Company bottles too especially since they are local for me!

Zero Bottling Works started in Winnipeg in 1929 and continues through the 60's. They also took over the Wishing Well Soft Drink Company if you happen to find any of those bottles as well. They have a nice spiral shaped body.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah the Wishing Well bottles I see quite frequently. I'm pretty sure they distributed across Canada. I'm guessing Zero took over the local Wishing Well plant, not the entire brand, right? The Wishing Well bottle I have is marked National Dry, and I think they lasted until quite recently.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I'm hoping to pick up some Zero Bottling Company bottles too especially since they are local for me!

Zero Bottling Works started in Winnipeg in 1929 and continues through the 60's. They also took over the Wishing Well Soft Drink Company if you happen to find any of those bottles as well. They have a nice spiral shaped body.
Hey Raypadua what part you from?...I have a couple of friends out there!.. A couple of other Winnipeg brands I have, but not many bottles from are Lee's and Arctic...both both great graphics.
I have quite a few of the Wishing Well bottles.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yeah the Wishing Well bottles I see quite frequently. I'm pretty sure they distributed across Canada. I'm guessing Zero took over the local Wishing Well plant, not the entire brand, right? The Wishing Well bottle I have is marked National Dry, and I think they lasted until quite recently.
Yea definitely a national brand, I'm not sure who distributed out west. I had a hard time locating adds for Wishing Well, but have one dated 1941 and Zero was the bottler at that time already in Winnipeg.
I know it was still being caned by the mid 70's because I have 2 early stay stab cans in Oz/mls, and it was still under National Dry, I'm thinking Pepsi took them over?...but I can't remember for sure, I had that info in my old brain at one time!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264