found an older Green Fanta bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this bottle on the weekend , was driving along a small highway and noticed clear signs of broken glass in the ditch , which appeared to be older as it was too deep to be recent . the area appeared to have been dug out in the last year or so

anyways I poked around for a bit and didn't really find anything good , several broken Canada dry bottles , one coca cola from 1952 that was not broken and a couple other broken ones . also several beer bottles

and near the end I found this green Fanta bottle poking out of the dirt , its in somewhat poor shape but still has some acl left , not marked as being Canadian . only says " a fine product of coca cola ltd , min contents 6 fl oz "

not a Fanta expert but pretty sure this bottle is from the 60's era and my books show there being a local bottler who did in fact bottle Fanta in that area . not sure how early Fanta was sold /bottled in Canada ? thinking the 60's maybe was when it started here

P9160001.jpgP9160003.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
it was also the first time I've ever found an older Fanta bottle in the wild , have found many older cans before but never a bottle

also have a clear Fanta bottle of the same design , think it came in an assortment of bottles I got at a yard sale a couple years ago , don't know much about it but also think its from the 60's era

P9160004.jpgP9160005.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing a green Fanta before. The clear ones like that I see time to time and I have a couple of them. I wonder if the green one was an earlier version or a different flavour.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes its definetly Canadian...and probably the rarest if not at least one of out of the second gentration bottles, these are not readily available...heck I don't even have one!..lol
There is also a quart in this style that comes in green and clear, the clear is a bit more common...the green pretty tough. Fanta was introduced in Canada in 1960... and 1959 in the USA.
This is the second generation bottle introduced late 61-early 62 and ran up till about 1967-68.

Great find BTW!

RCO

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing a green Fanta before. The clear ones like that I see time to time and I have a couple of them. I wonder if the green one was an earlier version or a different flavour.

was wondering if they had a grapefruit drink back then ? if that's what it was for , but not really sure what flavours they had back then

there orange drink is popular now days but not sure what flavours were popular back in the 60's

RCO

Reaction score
Yes its definetly Canadian...and probably the rarest if not at least one of out of the second gentration bottles, these are not readily available...heck I don't even have one!..lol
There is also a quart in this style that comes in green and clear, the clear is a bit more common...the green pretty tough. Fanta was introduced in Canada in 1960... and 1959 in the USA.
This is the second generation bottle introduced late 61-early 62 and ran up till about 1967-68.

Great find BTW!

its a good thing they didn't smash it like the other bottles I found there , although not exactly in good condition , some of the blue acl paint is still there and a lot of marks/ scratches on the bottle

definitely has a 60's look to it , surprising I never found one until now as you think Fanta would of been popular back then

RCO

Reaction score
there is also a no deposit bottle from Fanta from the 60's / 70's era , have a picture of one but don't have this bottle and not sure if I've even seen one in person. but definitely Canadian as its French/ English , wonder if there is a green version of this bottle too ?

fantaND.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
The NDNR Fanta is pretty common, never seen a green...possible there is a green out there!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hmm I feel like I have a green NDNR Fanta, but I could be wrong. I'll have to check in a couple weeks when I'm back home.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi