Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    4

    Exclamation Oklahoma Drug Store Bottles by Johnnie Fletcher

    WANTED TO BUY

    Oklahoma Drug Store Bottles by Johnnie Fletcher

    My father, grandfathers and great-grandfathers were all pharmacists in Oklahoma going back to Indian Territory days.

    I am wanting to purchase a copy of Johnnie Fletcher's "OKLAHOMA DRUG STORE BOTTLES" in any condition, but good condition is always better.

    Please contact me if you know where I might purchase a copy of this book.

    Thank you,

    Michael G. Shackelford



  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    4

    Oklahoma Bottles 1889 to 1920

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    WANTED TO BUY

    Oklahoma Drug Store Bottles by Johnnie Fletcher

    My father, grandfathers and great-grandfathers were all pharmacists in Oklahoma going back to Indian Territory days.

    I am wanting to purchase a copy of Johnnie Fletcher's "OKLAHOMA DRUG STORE BOTTLES" in any condition, but good condition is always better.

    Please contact me if you know where I might purchase a copy of this book.

    Thank you,

    Michael G. Shackelford


    To clarify, I am looking for a copy of the original 1991 book, OR a copy of the 2006 updated book Oklahoma Bottles 1889 to 1920 but my preference is to obtain one of the 1991 originals. Thank you, Michael

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bottle Master stephengray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma (live in Wyoming though)
    Posts
    1,094
    The older book will be hard to come by. I have one but it's not for sale. I also have one of the originals that Johnnie made that was just in a school binder. The newer book will be your best bet but I haven't seen one for sale in years.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by stephengray View Post
    The older book will be hard to come by. I have one but it's not for sale. I also have one of the originals that Johnnie made that was just in a school binder. The newer book will be your best bet but I haven't seen one for sale in years.
    Thank you for your reply. I have a copy of the newer book now but I would still like a copy of the older, original book for my collection since my pharmacy ancestors from Oklahoma are listed in that book and I really like the looks of that cover.

    Thanks and happy hunting everyone!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    nemaha, nebraska
    Posts
    9
    His the page with Johnnie's email and number you can contact him to get books. http://www.hutchbook.com/Collecting%...5/default.html

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by nebrokla87 View Post
    His the page with Johnnie's email and number you can contact him to get books. http://www.hutchbook.com/Collecting%...5/default.html
    Thank you for your reply and the link. I have been in contact with Johnnie and he does not have any copies of the book for sale. He has no intention of reprinting the original book since he has published the newer edition which contains everything from the older book. I have acquired a copy of the new book but would still like a copy of the original edition for my personal book collection.

    Thanks again and and happy hunting everyone!



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •