My first post not sure where it belongs.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morrischisholm

Reaction score
I found this little bottle yesterday while I was walking around a construction site along Lake Superior. Don't know anything about it. It looks like some type of asian writing on it but not positive. Any help would be appreciated.
20180918_085124.jpg20180918_085220.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
not sure where your seeing Asian writing , although it does appear to have some age to it , likely been there for some time

BottleDragon

Reaction score
Looks similar to the Chinese medicine bottles I used to find here on the west coast... also known as "opium bottles".

Hard to guess the age since they were made from sometime in the 1800's up until the 1930's or perhaps a bit later.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah it is a Chinese medicine bottle, quite common in BC. Interesting that you found it that far inland, it's much harder to find them when you aren't on the west coast. I'm not sure what was in them beyond some sort of medicine, it definitely wasn't opium. I've seen labeled versions for sale in the past, but never when I was with someone who could read Chinese. I believe the characters on the bottom are usually a company name and don't reveal what the product was.

morrischisholm

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I have a few others I'll post as soon as I can find them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger