Middle Tennessee diggers collectors

I have been collecting bottles for a while now. Learning the most I can. Are there any Middle Tennessee folks in the group? I see clubs and events in East and West Tennessee but little near Nashville. Used to be a club here and an event. Anyone interested in starting a club around here? Maybe help put together a bottle show? Send PM or contact Scott at hunterchub@hotmail.com Im in Hartsville, TN. I collect cone inks and whiskey bottles and whatever looks cool. Always willing to find something older than dirt.

Senior Member Bottle Master Harry Pristis's Avatar
    Good luck putting together a Nashville bottle group!

I have this Tennessee whiskey bottle I'm curious about. Is it common? I don't collect whiskey bottles, but somehow I inherited this one. What can you tell me about the brand/bottle?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whiskeyDeepSpring.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	184620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whiskeyDeepSpring_Diamond.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	184621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whiskeyDeepSpringADVERT.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	184622

Senior Member Bottle Master CreekWalker's Avatar
    I'm not sure , how far Gray, TN is from you, but they have a active club. The State of Franklin Antique Bottle club. They have a great show in May. Here's the link. http://www.sfabca.com/

Senior Member Bottle Master CreekWalker's Avatar
    Those amber Deep Spring Whiskey bottles, sell between $20 and 30 dollars, however, some of the highly embossed, Deep Spring bottles , such as the level of embossing on the Berry's, next to yours , have brought $300 and more. A nice original label on your bottle would increase it to $50-100 , and most any TN whiskey from that era.

Senior Member Bottle Master Harry Pristis's Avatar
    Thank you, CreekWalker. I love the advertisement -- "The Whiskey Without an Unkind Thought". I'd bet the bottle label was interesting, also.

Good color. Nice 3 piece mold bottle. I don't quote price much. Depends on condition. I don't have that bottle so for me I might pay a little more than usual. ITs all about what you can get for it these days. I would place it around 1870-1880. Amber is common. Clear is desired as well. Thanks for sharing. Scott

Gray is 2+ hours away. Like to be closer to those of common interest.