River Diving for Antiques in Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nostalgia

Reaction score
I just found this thread and man I love watching bottle diving videos! Thanks for posting them and yes, I've also subscribed :)

And I sent you a PM ;-)

scubacanuck

Reaction score
I just found this thread and man I love watching bottle diving videos! Thanks for posting them and yes, I've also subscribed :)

And I sent you a PM ;-)

Glad you enjoyed the videos and happy you subscribed :) Replied to your private message, hopefully we can dive together one day. Cheers

scubacanuck

Reaction score
The D19 Coke bottles aren't marked on the bottom, they're marked on the lower part of the hobbleskirt. Since your bottles here are mostly from the 50s-70s you probably don't have one, but I'd have a closer look at that one without anything on the base if it's embossed. Every embossed Canadian Coke bottle I've seen with no base embossing was one of the early ones because they started dating them in the 30s and didn't stop until the ACL years.
Most of your bottles here will have minimal value, the only one that really stands out to me is the green Fanta, which tend to be hard to find. The Wishing Wells are also common but nice enough that you could maybe get five bucks a pop for them. What I'd do is put an ad on Kijiji selling them for a dollar or 50 cents a piece and say that you keep getting new ones in. Some of these might be hard to sell even for a dollar though, unfortunately. You could also try setting up a table at the Raceway flea market, or hold a garage sale, but it can be hard to make enough to justify the time really.

I did look at the side and no D19, but I'll make sure to look for it in the future. Didn't know the green fanta was rare, this forum is aweson for what I'm doing. I think I'll keep the bottles for now, clean them during the winter and think of what I want to do with them next summer.

scubacanuck

Reaction score
You may just not be in urban areas early enough on Saturday mornings to see garage sales, but they're very common in cities. In prime garage sale season you can find one on every second block or so. I go to garage sales on my bike most Satuday mornings in the summer.

And that Mission bottle was a proprietary design, it's not quite the same as the Dominion generic design. I got one like that in BC as well, I think that design was used after Mission faded in popularity since I don't see them as often as the earlier black and white ones.

Maybe I'll get my daugthers to sell them in a garage sale :) Thanks for the info in the Mission bottle, too bad the label is almost all gone.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi