Unusual Nehi ACL

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HouTxSoda

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a bottle for sale on EBay right now.
How common is this color scheme ACL on a Nehi ?

Attachments

• Nehi 3.jpg
    Nehi 3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 255

SODABOB

Reaction score
HouTxSoda :welcome:

Here's the link and copy/pasted description for your Nehi bottle. I looked around but couldn't find another one like it. The seller seems to know what he's talking about ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NEHI-...178042?hash=item2868fe257a:g:S2wAAOSwP6pbrZHP

[ Seller Description ]

This auction is for a NEHI Beverages soda bottle from The NEHI Bottling Co. of Ennis, Texas.
This is a 9 oz. bottle dated 1956. This 62 year old bottle is in excellent condition! There is no real damage
to report. There are a couple of minute fleabites along with some light surface wear to the ring that circles
the shoulder. Also found a minute fleabite on the heel. Otherwise this bottle looks like new! The glass is
clean and clear with no fog or haze. The label is glossy and clean with just one little pinhole on the bottom
right corner. As for the label, this red on white background label is in my experience a rare animal. This is
the only one I've come up with in many years of collecting. This label was normally red on yellow. This
example is from Ennis which is a (once) small town in north central Texas 30 miles south of Dallas. You
don't see many bottles from Ennis. I don't know if this bottle was a mistake or 3rd shift bottle or possibly a
whole run was done in white? If anyone has found another white label NEHI, I would like to hear from them.
Check out the pictures of all sides of this bottle to see the condition and how great this old soda looks on
display. I am offering this rare bottle from collection to yours!

LOW opening bid ---- NO Reserve! Always happy to combine shipments to save you $$$ on postage.

Thanks! Good Luck!

KSESTATE

Reaction score
Hello in Michigan I have dug white labels but being dug condition is bad. He has a nice example along with the rare town a plus plus for value
nice

SODABOB

Reaction score
It just sold for ...

$190.50

Over the past few days I searched for another one like it but never found one. In fact, I couldn't even find a regular Nehi bottle from Ennis. I did find a Royal Crown Cola and a few other varied bottles, but no Nehi

SODABOB

Reaction score
P.S. / For future research

The L-G on the base is for ...

• L-G Liberty Glass Company, Sapulpa, Oklahoma (1918-c.1995), mark used c.1934-c.1967. Note that mark includes a dash.

Nehi Bottle 1956 White Ennis Texas Base.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
If someone wants to do some research on Ennis, Texas and the Nehi Bottling Company, this link is to ...

The Ennis Daily News (Archives 1922-1977) @ $49.95 for six months

https://newspaperarchive.com/us/texas/ennis/ennis-daily-news/

I don't have access to that particular newspaper, but I did find this ad from The Waxahachie Daily Light. Waxahachie is about 15 miles from Ennis. There isn't much to be found in the Waxahachie newspaper about the Ennis Nehi Bottling Company because they probably did most of their advertising in the Ennis Daily News.

[ March 28, 1941 - The key name being Moudek ]

Ennis Nehi The Waxachachie Daily Light Texas March 28, 1941.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
I used a few tricks-of-the-trade and found another 1956 Nehi bottle from Ennis, Texas (Sort of) ...

[ The Ennis Daily News ~ Ennis, Texas ~ March 7, 1956 ]

Ennis Daily News Texas March 7, 1956 (1).jpg

Ennis Daily News Texas March 7, 1956 (2).jpg

Ennis Daily News Texas March 7, 1956 (4).jpg

Ennis Daily News Texas March 7, 1956 (3).jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
And here's the only Royal Crown Cola bottle I have been able to find from Ennis ...

[ Described as a 1952 bottle ]

Ennis Texas RC Bottle 1952 Front.jpg

Ennis Texas RC Bottle 1952 Back.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi