found a Dr Pepper and Schweppes Raspberry stubby bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think I tried Sobeys store brand raspberry ginger ale once. It was... not all that nice really. Though regular store brand ginger ale isn't exactly the nicest stuff either. Never seen the Schweppes stuff but London Drugs sells it so it is still available somewhere in Canada.

BottleDragon

Reaction score
I definitely have fond memories of these bottles. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing those ones in BC, but I usually bought the lime Crush one.

I think these are just becoming collectable now. It's hard to find ones with nice labels. I found a Country Time lemonade in August with a faded and discoloured label.

Shame it never occurred to me to save any of them back in the day.

RCO

Reaction score
I definitely have fond memories of these bottles. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing those ones in BC, but I usually bought the lime Crush one.

I think these are just becoming collectable now. It's hard to find ones with nice labels. I found a Country Time lemonade in August with a faded and discoloured label.

Shame it never occurred to me to save any of them back in the day.

that's usually the way it is , the things made to be collectable don't turn out to be collectable years later . I know here an endless amount of 92/ 93 blue jays world series coca cola cans were saved but nobody is looking to buy them now

but few of the stubby bottles used back then were saved and there is people looking to buy those . and the ones in the wild usually aren't in good condition even though there seems to be a fair number out there to find

I don't remember drinking pop in stubby bottles but I do remember drinking juice , brands like Fruitopia orange , tim hortons and other juices that came in glass bottles during the 90's but I didn't save any of those bottles , all would of went in the recycling . and now if I find one in the wild , the paper labels are all gone . one of those in good condition is not as easy to find as you'd think

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I like drinking ginger beer and stronger ginger ale which usually comes from smaller producers, and sometimes when I finish a bottle I think "I bet this is gonna be a rare collectible someday." Then I toss it in the recycling bin because I don't have space to store a bunch of modern empties, no matter how rare they may be in the future.

RCO

Reaction score
I like drinking ginger beer and stronger ginger ale which usually comes from smaller producers, and sometimes when I finish a bottle I think "I bet this is gonna be a rare collectible someday." Then I toss it in the recycling bin because I don't have space to store a bunch of modern empties, no matter how rare they may be in the future.

that's the problem , you'd have to store them for 20 or 30 years minimum before they'd become collectable . I've heard the quote several times that it takes 30 years for something to become collectable and for people to miss the item , for that feeling of nostalgia to develop

so things from the 80's and 90's are just starting to become collectable

Mr. Hemingray

Reaction score
I remember those bottles! Used to drink pop from the "stubbies" as a kid in the 70's. Phased them out in the 80's here as they went to plastic bottles. Haven't seen one of these in 30 years and I do miss my childhood days of the 70's, glass bottles, ka-knockers and Jarts.
Nice find!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora