Double seamed bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

marjorie040

Reaction score
24DAD136-214E-4CC4-99FE-C535EC22F5BA.jpg
D28F5198-288A-4836-A7AB-25BFF4E6B440.jpg
What can someone tell me about double seams?

thank you

sandchip

Reaction score
You posted the same bottle and question back in early September. Was our answer not to your liking? It is what it is.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Still a strap sided flask. One side of the strap is the mold seam. Likely anywhere from about 1880 up to the early 1900s. A very popular and common form of flask. I suspect they were durable with the shoulder strap, and easier to hold onto, particularly when you were, shall we say, less than sober...

Jim G

marjorie040

Reaction score
My apologies sandchip. It’s been awhile since I’ve posted on this forum and I couldn’t find my post.
when I requested help from the Admin, I received a sarcastic criticism of my bservations Now I see a sarcastic reply from you on my request for help. I’m not feeling very good about this site right now and I have enjoyed it so much in the past.
Regards,
Marjorie

marjorie040

Reaction score
Thank you, saratogadriver. Your help is appreciated.
Marjorie

sandchip

Reaction score
Not at all trying to be sarcastic, and my apologies to you if it sounded that way. I may have been a bit irritated, as unwarranted as that may have been. Others in the past have posted a bottle soliciting our input, then obviously unhappy with the wisdom offered them, continue to post the same bottle in hopes of hearing an answer that better suited them. Or, they post the same bottle on other sites in their quest to hear that they've struck gold. As far as navigating this site, I entered "double seamed" in the search box at upper right, hit the magnifying glass (or ENTER), and your previous post came up. I had tried to be as helpful as possible in my reply then, to which their was never any reply of acknowledgement. Once again, sorry if I came off the wrong way. Thanks for sharing your finds with us, and we look forward to seeing more.

By the way, here is your earlier post: https://www.antique-bottles.net/showthread.php?689434-Double-seams&p=710736#post710736

marjorie040

Reaction score
sandchip,
i appreciate your explanation, it made me feel a little better but I think I will follow the advice given to me by Kevin Admin when I requested his help.......” move on please”.
with regret
Marjorie

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu