Broken dreams- two bottles that didn't make it

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
While looking in a creek bed yesterday after high waters had receded, I found two bottles that were intact enough to still be readable, but not worth taking home because of the damage. I believe they are from early 1900's. The Gordon's Dry Gin bottle looks like it's fine in the photo but it has big piece of glass missing on another side. See this posting for a Pittsburg Coke bottle that did make it.
https://www.antique-bottles.net/showthread.php?689534-Coke-in-a-creek
DSCN7423.jpgDSCN7415.jpg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Shame about the condition on those two, but the Coke is several times better than either of those would be even if they were intact! Usually it works the other way for me...

bmcouni3

Reaction score
I know the heartbreak. And I'm the same way. If it's broke it stays.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't know about PA but here in Canada those Gordon's are pretty common. Seems like they drank loads of the stuff up here back in the day. Never even seen a piece of a Kilmer's in the wild but I know they're pretty common.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've got & saved many broken bottles. some extremely broken & only half there when glued together. But most of them extremely rare & some only 1 known to exist. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I agree with Leon, some broken bottles definitely deserve to come home. I'll bring any broken locals home with me if I haven't seen them before.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Everyone has their thing. For me it's a safety issue having sharp broken glass items around the house. The one glass fragment I ever kept was this one from an Overholt pint flask. Because I found it about 100 yards from the distillery.

DSCN8166.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora