Yard Sale Finds: Nice sodas from R.I. and more!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Was looking online and found a yard sale description saying old bottles that was very close by. I obviously couldn't pass this up and I ended up going. I left with 6 bottles for $12 (about $2 per bottle) which was not a bad deal for what I ended up with!
Here they are:

20181007_154713.jpg

Packer' s Cutaneous Charm, 2 McManus and Meade Western Hotel Nasonville R.I. Crown tops, 1940s orange crush, Jewett City Rock Water Bottling Works Jewett City, Conn, and an open pontiled med.

Attachments

• 20181007_154011.jpg
    20181007_154011.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 303

BottleDragon

Reaction score
Pretty nice haul... even a pontiled bottle... wow. People usually want almost that much just for the Crush bottle around here.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, Thats a good deal. Congrats. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
seems like a good find , I do occasionally find bottles at yard sales but usually not old bottles from this period .

I haven't seen the 3 local bottles posted on this site before and don't know anything about them but I like the general look of them . I have a lot of similar looking embossed/art deco bottles from Ontario

RCO

Reaction score
I just can't believe most of the bottles were priced no more than $3. I really wish I got there earlier becuase I had heard some other collecters had already come and bought some nice CT blobs. I still came out with a nice haul.

there doesn't seem to be as many collectors looking for embossed soda's from that time period for some reason when compared to other bottles. that's partly why I was able to acquire so many , rather easily

my guess is an older collector passed away and whoever inherited the collection eventually decided to sell it . either didn't know much about bottles or didn't care and just wanted them out of the house

RCO

Reaction score
I think you are right RCO, that would explain the low prices. I also noticed that the Nasonville R.I. crown top sodas are BIM! Does a blown crown top have more collectible value than a macine made crown top?

I don't know it would depend on the bottle and how rare or common it was . have you found anything else out about those bottles . are they actually from a hotel ? that could make them more uncommon . I'd try and research them a little to learn more

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi