Awesome! I scan ebay regularly and never seen that one. Can't wait to see more pics. I hope it's a magic 3-1-3 bubble bottle!
My Bakersfield bottle hasn't arrived yet but I did receive this copy/pasted message from the seller ...
"I don't know how you won this bid for a $5.00 offer when I had the auction started at $9.00. Ebay has done this to me 3 times now. If you offer $5.00 for something shouldn't I have a say so? Ebay didn't even give me a choice. I'm sending you the bottle but this won't happen again."
I didn't send them a reply because I really didn't know what to say. All I know is that I made an offer and it was accepted. So its up to the seller to figure out what happened and not blame it on me.
By the way, don't hold your breath that the bottle is going to change things all that much. Part of the reason I only posted the back of the bottle was to tease you into thinking I had found the holy grail - which I didn't. But I will let the tease play along for now and will post pictures of the entire bottle when it arrives.
I'm still not sure how I found the bottle because the word "Bakersfield" was not in the listing title. The only use of the word "Bakersfield" was in the seller's description.
The so called Free ACL Book contest is still ongoing and hoping someone will find one or more of the qualifying items from my list. I will be traveling out of state between December 22nd and January 2nd 2019 but will have my Laptop with me to stay in touch. In the event that no one wins prior to Christmas day, on December 26th I will allow any member who is interested to pick a number between 1 and 100. The number picking process will be open for about a week and on New Year's Eve I will determine the winner and announce it on New Year's Day. Later this week I will explain how the number picking process will work so you will know that in advance. I have already drawn the winning number from a hat - but all I can disclose about it at this time is that its between 1 and 100. (Duh / Lol)
The Bakersfield bottle arrived yesterday only minutes after my last post. I knew from the eBay pictures that it had some label issues, including rust and grime. I took some as-is pictures and then submerged it in distilled white vinegar and let it soak overnight. I just finished cleaning and photographing it. So I'm posting the "Before" and "After" pics to show how well it cleaned up using the vinegar. But first I want to apologize for teasing you earlier by only posting the back of the bottle and not disclosing the date, etc. And to make up for my teasing, I'd like to send you the bottle if you want it and are okay with paying $10 for shipping. With shipping I paid a total of $15.90. But if you don't want it, that's okay too and I will understand. However, I will say one thing about Bakersfield 7up bottles; and that's that they seem to be hard to find no matter when they were made. I'm not sure why that is, but this example is only the second one I have come across after hours of searching. Anyway, here goes on describing the bottle from top to bottom ...
1. Bakersfield, California
2. Made by Owens-Illinois
3. Marked 23 (I) 55 ~ O-I plant #23 Los Angeles ~ 1955 ~ Later (I) mark introduced around 1955
5. Non Swimsuit
6. 7 Bubble label
7. Initial condition with rust = 7.0
8. Overall current condition = 8.5
9. Minor ACL fading
10. Minor flea bites
11. No cracks or chips
Before Cleaning Pics ...
I have never seen the 6J mark but its likely some type of mold cavity number.
The style number is 94-G
I'm heading out of town tomorrow and thought I'd set this up in advance ...
Pick the Winning Number ~ Win a Free ACL Book ~ Guidelines
1. Starts on Christmas Day
2. But only if no one post one or more of the items from my previous list
3. Open to all Members ~ Only one number per Member
4. Pick and Post a number between 1 and 100
5. Please keep an eye on the numbers already posted so as not to duplicate them
6. The Member who picks a number closest to the winning number (higher or lower) wins
7. However, in the event of a tie, the lower number wins
8. For example:
....If the winning number is 50 and one member picks 49 and another member picks 51, the number 49 wins
9. Free shipping only applies to the continental United States
10. If the winning member lives in Canada or any other country outside the U.S., they would have to pay for postage
11. If you live in a foreign country and do not want to pay for postage, please do not participate
12. For example; Postage from Southern California to Canada is about $25.00
13. The 2002 ACL Book is pictured below and is like new in uncirculated condition
14. The winning number will be announced on New Year's Day 2019
I will monitor this as best I can, but otherwise have fun with it.
Footnote: In the event I forgot some important aspect to this, I reserve the right to amend it as needed
Hi I found a Coke bottle where I live and I was curious if anybody knew anything about this bottle? Rarity value? I live near bay city Tex but we donít have a coca-Cola production facility. Any info...