C.V.B. Co. embossed soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this bottle at a flea market on the weekend , it was on a table of bottles that the seller only wanted $2 for . at the time I had no clue where it might be from but figured I'd grab it anyways and try and figure it out . as it was in good condition and I had never seen one before .

very few markings on the bottle , contents 8 oz , and 8 Fl Oz , no marking on bottom and then C.V.B. Co

looked thru my bottle books and the mostly likely bottler I found was

" Credit Valley Beverage co " listed as operating in Glen Williams Ontario 1925 , Glen Williams is literally rate beside Georgetown Ontario which is close to Brampton

slightly different name than the " Credit Valley bottling works " which operated out of the same area from 1931- 1960's

although I have not been able to find much else , don't really have any local history books from that area . but looking thru the bottle books , the use of the letter V is very rare for names of bottlers so I'm pretty certain its a credit valley bottle , the flea market was also geographically close to that area as well , just outside of Guelph

assuming it must be a rare one as I've never seen it before and doesn't appear to have operated for long

DSC01590.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger