1920s-1930s dump produces firsts and criers in less than an hour.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Went out yesterday to my nice 1930s-1920s spot for less than an hour and found some nice things along with a broken 1920s embossed milk. Here they are:
20181019_163556.jpg

Left to Right: Broken 1920s G. Stenger milk from New London, Conn (I have all the pieces :)), chipped Universal Store Milk, my first Cliquot Club (damaged), 1920s ball jar with atlas cap, and a 1930s National Citrate Co. Citrate of Magnesia.

Will plan on returning and pulling out more finds. Hopefully a milk with no cracks or broken pieces!

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

BottleDragon

Reaction score
Not bad. I usually find the milks with the tops in perfect condition but the rest missing or broken. I've yet to find an intact one. Seems like you have the opposite problem, which is not quite as bad.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah those intact milks can be hard to find. They were supposed to be returned so a lot of people just never threw away any intact milks, only ones that they broke during use. There's always the possibility of someone throwing away an out-of-town or outdated bottle though, plus some people just weren't good about returning things it seems. Some dumps are full of them, but more often than not the milks are all broken.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Yeah those intact milks can be hard to find. They were supposed to be returned so a lot of people just never threw away any intact milks, only ones that they broke during use. There's always the possibility of someone throwing away an out-of-town or outdated bottle though, plus some people just weren't good about returning things it seems. Some dumps are full of them, but more often than not the milks are all broken.
That sounds correct. I have found most of them smashed, but I think it is the rocks as well (which is a common fate of the bottles here in CT). I also think there is potential in this dump because there are not too many rocks (except a couple large boulders) and there are also signs of older slug plated sodas and cork tops.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
I used to find my share of Milks out walking in the woods (usually quarts) but not so many anymore. Mostly intact. Also Cokes. I would still keep slightly damaged milks until a better one comes along. Sometimes they never did.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Nice haul you made. I need to find out more about Perfect Mason jars. I've heard certain numbers on the bottom of them are more rare?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi