Thread: N W Seat

N W Seat

Tiny little bottle, I bet it doesn't hold a tablespoon and a half. The embossing reads: N W Seat MD (backward S)

Negative Electric Fluid

New York
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3203.jpg   100_3204.jpg   100_3205.jpg   100_3206.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    So, was it an electrolytic fluid?
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

From what I can gather, the idea of electrically treated miracle goop was much in vogue early on. it was a practice to stick a couple electrodes in some fluid, give it a zap. The net effect on the fluid was essentially zero. But it makes for interesting embossing.

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    I like the story of the monks experimenting with an early battery: where they all made a connection with one another from one jar of fluid to another and, when the connection was made, all practically jumped out of their skin like the Lord was gonna strike 'em dead.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

By today's standards electricity seems so commonplace, we all were born and raised in the electric world. But in the pontil age, hardly anyone knew much about it. It was the great mystery to the ordinary man. Considering that, it is surprising to me that the patent medicine guys, always looking for a new angle, didn't exploit the electric meds more than they did.

DrGrath's Electric Oil

Here is another in the electrically treated family of meds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3211.jpg   100_3210.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Got this variant over 40 years ago for 10 bucks at a bottle club meeting when I was a teenager.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neg.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	185259 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neg1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	185260 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neg2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	185261

Wow, nice undamaged lip. Those lips are so fragile, and out there as a challenge to an icepick.