found some new Ontario druggist bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
a couple more finds from last weekend , when I was at a large flea market . randomly picked up a couple druggist bottles ( Windsor and Niagara falls ) there and found a North Bay bottle at a nearby antique mall .

the North Bay Ontario bottle is for " Campbells Drug Store ", believe that its from the 1920's and was likely a drug store located downtown . rather plain bottle if not for the embossing

The Windsor bottle is for " J E D'avignon , Dispensing Chemist " Windsor Ontario , its likely from 1900's but don't know much about it

The Niagara Falls bottle is for " E C McNally , Druggist " Niagara Falls Ontario , likely from 1910's but don't know much about it , as they were both just random buys , bottles I though were interesting

DSC01613.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice finds! I'll always buy Canadian druggist bottles if they're cheap enough. Gonna try to go to the Longueuil show this weekend, I'll see what I can find there.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Nicely done. Exactly the kind of thing I collect. In fact, I've got over 1,200 embossed Canadian drugstore bottles.

RCO

Reaction score
Nice finds! I'll always buy Canadian druggist bottles if they're cheap enough. Gonna try to go to the Longueuil show this weekend, I'll see what I can find there.

true the north bay bottle was only $10 likely cause I found it down in southern Ontario far away from northern Ontario collectors ,

also found a high quality hardcover book on Timmins Ontario at a thrift store there , seemed to be some northern items down there for some reason

RCO

Reaction score
Nicely done. Exactly the kind of thing I collect. In fact, I've got over 1,200 embossed Canadian drugstore bottles.

only have 10 druggist bottles or druggist bottles with actual writing / embossing on them. that I'd consider to be actual druggist bottles. but I see myself buying more if I run across them at a good price

even though I'm definitely more interested in soda bottles

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
BIM druggist bottles and BIM soda bottles are both something I'll buy from anywhere in Canada if I can find them for $5 or less. ABM sodas I only buy from certain areas. One thing I like about druggist bottles is they don't take up too much space! Seems like it's getting harder to find them at that price but I still come across them from time to time. A few years back I was getting at least five Ottawa druggists every bottle show for almost nothing, now I'm lucky to find one or two. As much as I hear about the hobby being in decline, it seems like the bottles just keep getting more expensive and harder to find.

RCO

Reaction score
BIM druggist bottles and BIM soda bottles are both something I'll buy from anywhere in Canada if I can find them for $5 or less. ABM sodas I only buy from certain areas. One thing I like about druggist bottles is they don't take up too much space! Seems like it's getting harder to find them at that price but I still come across them from time to time. A few years back I was getting at least five Ottawa druggists every bottle show for almost nothing, now I'm lucky to find one or two. As much as I hear about the hobby being in decline, it seems like the bottles just keep getting more expensive and harder to find.

at that flea market was some other druggist bottles but pretty much all from - Toronto , Brantford area or Woodstock Ontario . that's where most of them seemed to be from for some reason

I rarely see any local druggist bottles for sale here and if an antique store has some there usually newer screw top paper label bottles not older embossed ones

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora