Searching for more information on this insulator

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Porcelaingirl

Reaction score
Hi there! I have come across a string of porcelain insulators and am looking for more information on this specific one. I believe they are suspension insulators but I am not 100% certain. They have "LOCKE" stamped on the cement piece that holds the insulator in place. The insulator is a brown porcelain and has "LOCKE 1941" stamped on the side. The one that I have has 9 insulators in a string (for lack of better word) and all have the same stamp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
-
Hi Porcelaingirl, If you haven't already done so the following site is worth checking.

-

-

The first link below is to their home page and the second to the identification page.
On the identification page just click on the US Porcelain or Worldwide Porcelain images and scroll down.
It is very user friendly, just click on the image and it will bring up any information concerning that particular insulator.

-

http://www.nia.org/

https://www.nia.org/general/gallery.htm

-

:)

BillinMo

Reaction score
Can you try posting a photo? That would help. Locke is a large manufacturer and made hundreds of insulator styles over many decades.

nhpharm

Reaction score
When I was a kid I found several strings of these dating to the late 1920's still in their original Locke crates in an abandoned cabin along a high tension power line corridor. I brought several of them home and still have two in their original crates. The Locke crates are pretty cool but the insulators are just huge and heavy. I look at them today and marvel that I dragged them about 2 miles out of the woods on a sled!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi