Squat amber 7-up - Dallas Texas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I bought this today in Ohio. I have seen some expensive ones on eBay before. I got this one for $25. I believe these were made in the 30's and are hard to find. Can anybody give me a price estimate? Just out of curiosity you know.

Also, is there any info on these types of bottles you can spare?

DSC_0105.jpg1.jpgDSC_0107.jpgDSC_0108.jpg

Eric

Reaction score
The best way to find the going price is eBay "sold" listings.. that shows what folks are actually paying not asking.... nice bottle .. I think you got a deal.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
I'd say you did pretty well for $25! You could probably get 3 times that without too much difficulty if you were to sell it, possibly a bit more. Great find!

Like you said, these squat amber ACLs were used in the late '30s and even into the early '40s. The variation from Houston seems to be the most common variant; you don't see as many from Dallas.

Screwtop

Reaction score
It was actually listed for $40. I did a lot of bargaining, and horsetrading for this one. I saw somewhere, I can't remember where, that there were bubble variants in some of the bottles. This one has eight. A later bottle I have has seven. Does this mean anything?

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Looks like an Owens-Illinois from 1938. Double stamp was just a machine error. Doesn't make a huge difference unless a buyer finds that more interesting.

acls

Reaction score
I agree with everyone.....1938, Dallas being more desirable than Houston. From my experience the amber 7ups in good shape are $75 bottles. I have seen them go for more and for less, but $75 is usually where they fall.

acls

Reaction score
...and the 8 bubble labels are earlier than the 7 bubble labels.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
It was actually listed for $40. I did a lot of bargaining, and horsetrading for this one. I saw somewhere, I can't remember where, that there were bubble variants in some of the bottles. This one has eight. A later bottle I have has seven. Does this mean anything?

As acls said, the 7ups with eight bubbles are earlier and harder to find than those with seven bubbles. 7ups from around 1940 and later will have seven bubbles for the most part. There are some exceptions, but that's generally what I've noticed.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi