Still riding the high...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

timofthree

Reaction score
...from my first real dump find. After finding a huge amount of tin cans a few bottles from maybe the 1930s and some other interesting relics I decided to go back and clean up. That’s when I found the actual bottle dump. Not to deep, and after establishing the edges I went to town!

So so many first for me, I was amazed! Just prior to finding this I was considering buying a cork top and never imagined finding some of what I pulled out. Among countless shards, broken tops and bottoms I ended up with plenty of cork tops, 3 mouthblown bottles, 6 stoppers(!) an ink bottle, ElCaya Co. with lid, 4 different glass lids, one milk glass lid too.

I was was able to identify a few things, the two Bell Ans a Cutex, Tabasco, and a return netted a LEA & PERRINS stopper with some of the original cork.

Sorry for the ramble but this cache will keep my busy here for awhile. Thank you all for you expertise!
-Tim

4A1FBFFD-E28C-46C0-B1D9-D594E1C7C17F.jpg

BottleDragon

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty nice spot -- congrats!

I think most of us would be happy with that as our first real dump find.

timofthree

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty nice spot -- congrats!

I think most of us would be happy with that as our first real dump find.

Thank you!

I have found a small one prior to this but this was a “real” dump as in big metal and garage stuff in one pile, tin and cans in another and years worth of glass in another. Also the first time I left a spot with more than just an item or two. I’ve been on the lookout for about a year and this was worth the wait and effort to me.

Also I am just getting over the poison oak from the area so the bottles may be free but I paid a price...

BottleDragon

Reaction score
I know the feeling. Around here it's stinging nettles and blackberry bushes... they often grow in areas of previous habitation, which makes accessing those areas very difficult.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp