Uxbridge Beverages Limited - Uxbridge Ontario bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
this was another bottle that I found at the flea market a couple weeks back

its for " Uxbridge Beverages Limited " and contents 7 fl oz on back

don't know much about Uxbridge Beverages but was a small bottler that operated in Uxbridge Ontario from 1949-1965 or later . I've seen this clear embossed bottle a few times before but is the only design of bottle I have ever seen from this bottler . not aware of them having any other bottles but its possible they did as they operated for some time

it might surprise some people that Uxbridge even had a bottler as its a small town north of Toronto and not really a lot there and would of been much smaller when this bottle used

uxbridgebeveragesNN.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
JKL found an Uxbridge beverages bottle so did some searching and found new info , not sure if all my pictures are still here ? so repost one

not mentioned in book so I wasn't aware Uxbridge Beverages was the coca cola bottler for that area . but its territory appears to have been much larger than Uxbridge itself and were placing ads in Stouffville and Newmarket papers which are nearby in York region . these ads started in 1948 and lasted until the late 70's . so they operated 1 year earlier and much longer than 1965

but none of the ads feature this bottle or even mention anything about local flavours but is so many I haven't looked thru all of them yet but everything is coca cola related

uxbridgebeveragesNN1.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
here are some of them , was so many I only saved some of the better ones but none show the uxbridge bottle or mention it

they also must of had a fairly large operation / plant in Uxbridge to be supplying coca cola to such a large area back then ? although not sure how big Newmarket or Stouffville were in the 50's > 60's as a lot of the growth there is more recent

uxbridgebeverages49C.png
uxbridgebeverages50cc.png
uxbridgebeverages50cc1.png
uxbridgebeverages52cc.png
uxbridgebeverages52cc1.png
uxbridgebeverages53c.png
uxbridgebeverages53cc.png
uxbridgebeverages61fanta.png
uxbridgebeverages62C.png
uxbridgebeverages64tab.png

Donas12

Reaction score
JKL found an Uxbridge beverages bottle so did some searching and found new info , not sure if all my pictures are still here ? so repost one

not mentioned in book so I wasn't aware Uxbridge Beverages was the coca cola bottler for that area . but its territory appears to have been much larger than Uxbridge itself and were placing ads in Stouffville and Newmarket papers which are nearby in York region . these ads started in 1948 and lasted until the late 70's . so they operated 1 year earlier and much longer than 1965

but none of the ads feature this bottle or even mention anything about local flavours but is so many I haven't looked thru all of them yet but everything is coca cola related

View attachment 222124
Like the bold embossing on this one. Nice looking bottle!

RCO

Reaction score
Like the bold embossing on this one. Nice looking bottle!

considering they had a professional looking bottle , seems odd they didn't promote it at all and only advertised coca cola which everyone would of already know about

although not entirely uncommon for local bottlers to not advertise there local flavours if they were also bottling pepsi or coke brands

but I didn't view every ad so might have to go back and make sure I didn't miss any but pretty sure they were all for coke

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky