Whats up old guys???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Buster, after all my talk, I wasn't able to make it and sorry that I missed meeting you. You know what they say about the best laid plans...

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Wow Osia, I remember every one of um, and then some! Often wonder what happened to many of them. I've been here since about 03 I think but like so many fell out of touch for a few years and when I came back...… I only recognized a few names. Plus I had to use a different username cuz I guess whenever it all switched I fell through the woodwork. I used to be called Gunsmoke47. Used to dig a lot of Indian Wars forts here in Texas. Too old and broke down anymore to dig but I still love my U.S.A. Hosp. bottles. Just have to buy them instead of dig them now! lol! Don't post much but I still log in on a fairly regular basis. Good to see you guys are still helpin out these youngsters startin up in this fine hobby. Kelley

sandchip

Reaction score
Wow Osia, I remember every one of um, and then some! Often wonder what happened to many of them. I've been here since about 03 I think but like so many fell out of touch for a few years and when I came back...… I only recognized a few names. Plus I had to use a different username cuz I guess whenever it all switched I fell through the woodwork. I used to be called Gunsmoke47. Used to dig a lot of Indian Wars forts here in Texas. Too old and broke down anymore to dig but I still love my U.S.A. Hosp. bottles. Just have to buy them instead of dig them now! lol! Don't post much but I still log in on a fairly regular basis. Good to see you guys are still helpin out these youngsters startin up in this fine hobby. Kelley

Would love to see pictures of your hospital bottles if you have the chance. Good to see you're still up and about.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Thanks Sand. I'll try and get some pics of my favorite ones up in a day or two. Gotta brush up on how to post pics on here. It's been awhile. Should I post the pics here or in a different forum?

Eric

Reaction score
Osia... One of the first members welcoming me here... even sent me a Nichol Kola bottle cap... You don't post anymore (at least not enough for me) enjoyed your post and images of your bottle collection.
I still check in about every day though I don't check every post.. I mainly stay in the Soda bottle post seeing what is found and still learning... I agree it's kinda quiet here now... same
on other sites I'm on.. many are drawn to Facebook and get into clubs there... Have't done it yet but many say it's worth it... I like it here... love seeing what folks find and the knowledge
of the brand or bottle is awesome. Nice to hear some of the ages here are the younger crowd.. when going to the bottle show not many in their 20s. My son use to go with me but he's now 17
drives, has a job and a girl so I guess dad and old bottles are out! Ha glad to know there is younger folks interested and will keep things rolling....

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Yea I wonder what has happened to many past members............I mean WAYYYYYYYYYYY back when Woody was moderator and the site was owned by that Cat in England. Ol' Jadgermiester got pissed in 05' and left because we sometimes talked about more than bottles. Let's see who I remember Glass Man, Bubbas Dad, Red Ginger, Joe The Crow, their digging partner, Teauge, Matt, Rick..........he ever tell ya he had a puce eagle? TD, Eric, Pat Mason, Warren....Capt? The guy who loved Wolfies, the gal who did the pickle jars, Jim from Patterson. Plumbata,.........can't remember his name from Georgia.....dug in a creek? Cyberdigger and Cowz............not going to say a thing. Dennis the man who REALLY knew what he was talking about when it came to sodas. I remember debates about 'chainsaws in the woods' 'barrels of bottles' 'nasty foul mouth Matt' 'what a Coke bottle really is' 'deco........what?' Plus who can forget the 'Obama in a Klan robe pottery piece'. How about our first Secret Santa. Remember who put that together? I do, it was my good friend Brother LobyCat. I really miss him and his wit that was frowned upon by a few. Well at least as a collective we did good by having a brick in his honor placed at his beloved Red Sox's Fenway Park. Yep back when the pages were blue this was a really happening site [ not an insult to today's ABN, but the activity was way more 10+ years ago. ]. Do not know what but that format change really really shook things up. Not going to say Facebook did it, but something sure as hell did. Still this is a good sire, but I really miss my friends and acquaintances from the recent past.

Osia, Some other names to add:
Capsoda (Warren), MadPadler (Ben), SteveSewall, southern Maine diver (Wayne) oh, that's me, Bearswede (Ron R.I.P.) Coldwaterdiver (Kevin)... and many more. I've just recently become active again and after several surgeries, several years and a few extra pounds, I'm getting ready to buy a new wetsuit and try to get back into the water again. I'll be checking in more frequently and hopefully posting on a regular basis.:cool:

Last edited:

Spencer

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Warren? I'd love to catch up with him after so many years.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Still a great forum, I love the member's opinion's and posts , on here. Collecting changes , and collector's change, but the information on here is priceless. I've changed hobbies somewhat, from bottle digging, and creek searching to native American relics and metal detecting. I have dug a trash pit, recently , near a Union camp in the woods, saw a sunken area, and probed it. Which startled my MD partners ,some who never probe, lol, about 3 feet down, a 3 x 3 hole of old glass , pontils , sheared lips, all Civil War or older. Not a single intact bottle, a great study group, and I got to bore, those present with some bottle history! Keep this forum going, young members and old, good work and God bless you.

sandchip

Reaction score
Still a great forum, I love the member's opinion's and posts , on here. Collecting changes , and collector's change, but the information on here is priceless. I've changed hobbies somewhat, from bottle digging, and creek searching to native American relics and metal detecting. I have dug a trash pit, recently , near a Union camp in the woods, saw a sunken area, and probed it. Which startled my MD partners ,some who never probe, lol, about 3 feet down, a 3 x 3 hole of old glass , pontils , sheared lips, all Civil War or older. Not a single intact bottle, a great study group, and I got to bore, those present with some bottle history! Keep this forum going, young members and old, good work and God bless you.

Would love to see what you found in that pit, if you have the time, even the broken stuff.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora