So many bottles, will have to go back for years (diving for bottles) + video

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

scubacanuck

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Talked about this site in another thread, but finally put together the second video where I discovered in underwater bottle "dump" at an old hotel. Here are pictures of the bottles and below is a link to the video 1 and 2. Cheers

IMG_3423.jpgIMG_3421.jpgIMG_3424.jpg

Video 1
Video 2

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I saw that video earlier, I think that's the first time that I've seen a can with a pull-tab which someone churchkeyed anyway. I wonder what that was about. Also, what was the broken milk bottle you found? That looked like it was older than a lot of the other stuff you're finding there. I wonder if there's an older layer underneath all the sodas. Also, those bottles which say "Not to be refilled" are American (I think) NDNR beer bottles. Never seen them used in Canada.

scubacanuck

Reaction score
I saw that video earlier, I think that's the first time that I've seen a can with a pull-tab which someone churchkeyed anyway. I wonder what that was about. Also, what was the broken milk bottle you found? That looked like it was older than a lot of the other stuff you're finding there. I wonder if there's an older layer underneath all the sodas. Also, those bottles which say "Not to be refilled" are American (I think) NDNR beer bottles. Never seen them used in Canada.

Nice to see someone watching my videos this closely :) I know, it is weird that the pull-tab was churchkeye, maybe used for something else, like a funnel... I didn't talk about the milk bottle, since it was broken, but didn't know it could be really old. I still have it, will take a þicture of it tonight and post it. I'll check the "medicine bottles" NDNR beer bottles too. I did try to dig a bit more this time around, but didn't find anything that looked really old, I was a bit disspointed. There is a lot of Canada Dry that I have to ignore, in order to have room in my bag for other brands.

RCO

Reaction score
TabBR.jpg

the bottle you asked about in the video is for " Tab " it was a diet soda made by coca cola in the 60's and 70's . I found a couple of those bottles this summer , one in a river and another along an old road , there unusual in appearance but seem to be common based on how often they show up

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah that style of milk was mostly phased out around the end of the 50s, though I imagine some smaller dairies could have continued using them longer. But it's not something I associate with the age range of NDNRs and stubbies.

RCO

Reaction score
I've often found older milk jugs mixed in with newer bottles if I was swimming around docks or such areas . likely a sign there is some older stuff there , somewhere and stuff has been dumped there for a while

there could be older bottles hidden in the sand/bottom , depending on what the bottom is made off . is a few places I've had to use poking sticks to find things under the sand . I use a stick as its not safe to poke around with hands even with gloves on if there is broken glass mixed in

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora