Retrieving glass bottles from a hard to reach area

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RickNC

Reaction score
Harry has a wonderful idea. I've found that when wading in the river a field/snake hook works well to hook bottles to bring up. It doesn't have but 4' of reach though.

rich

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was some kinda tool available or something that could be made to retrieve glass bottles from an area that is impossible to get to.

Its kinda hard to explain... when I have been out to the Thames forsore and the tide is out I often spot some nice bottles just sitting on top of the mud and it is not possible to get to that particular area on foot without the risk of sinking into the mud and not being able to get out, so I was thinking maybe I could use some rope with some kinda hook on the end to try and hook the bottle somehow to where I could pull it out of the mud.

Does anybody have any ideas on a tool of some kind that could be made to retrieve bottles from hard to reach places?

Fire/Rescue has developed many ideas. Small pontoons on a four legged walker can assist in marsh. Depending on your size, and density of surface, you can adjust pontoons to size. Gallon sized containers, 1 gallon if you send the kids, 5 gallon if you send the misses, 55 gallon if you want the rush! A ladder works on thin ice, but may need webbing on soft mud, and a good rescue suit can aid in buoyancy if you want to get down and dirty!
!!!!Always!!!! anchor a line back to solid ground and securely attach both ends. Carry a waterproof cell phone?

shotdwn

Reaction score
What I would use is an extendable painting pole, which can be gotten in various lengths, and use a four inch roller frame that takes the foam rollers. It screws onto the end of the pole and gives you a fairly heavy duty four inch steel rod you can slide into the neck of the bottle to retrieve it.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado