The Ideal Milk Co. Portsmouth, O.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I got this nifty little half pint milk bottle a few months ago. Portsmouth bottles are a favorite for me, so I usually try to find them. It's harder than one would think. Anyway's, I had one question. I am not good at dating milk bottles, so how old do ya'll think it is? On the bottom, it say Pat. blahblahblah Nov. 22, 27.

DSC_0006.jpgDSC_0211.jpgDSC_0215.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It's probably from 1942. A lot of these milk bottles had dates on them just like the soda bottles did.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Wow! That's cool! If that's the case, I have one from Uniontown Pennsylvania from 1925. My dad dug it up. Huge milk bottle, I don't recall ever seeing one this big.

Reaction score
Great find! I collect bottles from southern Ohio- primarily Lawrence County? Any bottles from this area?
Also, any bottles from Portsmouth you're looking for?

Screwtop

Reaction score
Great find! I collect bottles from southern Ohio- primarily Lawrence County? Any bottles from this area?
Also, any bottles from Portsmouth you're looking for?

I am always looking for Portsmouth bottles! I am from West Virginia but live in Kentucky now, but I have never been in a town where I like it so much as Portsmouth Ohio. So much history to it. The antique district is awesome, but I wouldn't want to be around the town at night.

So you're into bottles from say, Ironton? You need to head on out to The Ghost in the Attic antique shop in Portsmouth. Last I was there they had a Champion bottling works hutch, a few Ironton meds, and a ton of Kenrick crown tops. It's funny though. Every time I go there, I see an arrowhead that calls my name, so I often pass up the bottles, lol!

I really don't have too many bottles from this area. My collection is mostly Pennsylvanian stuff my dad found. I am getting into collecting straight side cokes and hutches now, and I would love to add some local stuff. Just don't have the budget to do it.

Reaction score
Here is a photo of a portsmouth bottle I have. Message me if you're interested in it.

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 278

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi