Rockcliffe Dairy - Milk Jug Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
kind of randomly bought this milk jug at a thrift store on the weekend , was in North Bay Ontario , a city with few antique stores so I searched thru all the thrift stores instead . and found it in a value village store , they only wanted $4 for it and it seemed to be in good condition .

at the time I assumed it might be from northern Ontario ( but not North Bay as I was pretty sure it wasn't from there ) or maybe Ottawa as I knew there was a part of the city referred to as rockcliffe .

but according to my research online its from Toronto Ontario , which kind of surprised me . anyways I'm not really sure what I will do with it now . but I did find another hard to find acl soda ( which I will post later ) when there so the trip was worth it

rockcliffedairy.jpgrockcliffedairy1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice find! I don't often do very well in terms of bottles at thrift stores, and I go quite often. Only milk bottle I've ever found at one was at that huge Value Village in Ottawa, I found a common half pint from Ottawa Dairy that I didn't have yet.

RCO

Reaction score
Nice find! I don't often do very well in terms of bottles at thrift stores, and I go quite often. Only milk bottle I've ever found at one was at that huge Value Village in Ottawa, I found a common half pint from Ottawa Dairy that I didn't have yet.

I haven't seen a lot of bottles at the value villages here , sometimes modern cokes or common insulators though . ( but even if they got something good , it would likely sell quickly as those stores are so busy ) is some good books there though , often find books at them

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I really like Value Village for electronics, I often find great stuff there. I often end up skipping the books because they're so much more expensive than other thrift stores. Over the summer I found a pre-WWII globe at that Ottawa one, I was so tempted to buy it but didn't know where I'd have space for it. I went to look at some other stuff and within minutes saw someone else walking out with it.

RCO

Reaction score
I really like Value Village for electronics, I often find great stuff there. I often end up skipping the books because they're so much more expensive than other thrift stores. Over the summer I found a pre-WWII globe at that Ottawa one, I was so tempted to buy it but didn't know where I'd have space for it. I went to look at some other stuff and within minutes saw someone else walking out with it.

they sometimes have some good books there , I've been to a few of there locations in southern Ontario before , the one in Orillia often seems to have good books . although I've had a few " disagreements " about price with the cashiers and sometimes put the book back on the shelf if I felt there price was too high .

one recent example was a very small paperback they wanted $6 for based on the price on back ( but the price was in micro print and so small I didn't even notice it was there ) until the cashier pointed it out and so I decided not to buy it

don't think I've ever bought a bottle at a value village before

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah their paperback prices are way too high. Most other thrift stores sell them for a buck or two each. If I want to spend $6 on a paperback I'll go to an actual bookstore. Value Village doesn't even sort them. Often the cashiers won't even bother checking the prices and ring them all through at $2, but you can never know in advance when that'll happen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky