L. C. Turner's Great Consumption Cure HELP!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
20181201_203633.jpg

Some of you have probably seen this bottle on my other dig post on here. I really need help with determining the history, price, rarity, and any information on this bottle. This BIM aqua bottle says: L. C. Turner's Great Consumption Cure (Front Panel) and has the mark: W.T. & CO / I U.S.A. (on the base and probably only from 1890-1894!). I have tried to reaserch this bottle and have come up empty many times.

If you know anything about this bottle PLEASE inform me! I am also starting to wonder if this is an unknown bottle!

Thanks,
PlaneDiggerCam

Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
John Wolf can tell you if anybody can. That's one nice looking bottle with that icy looking light aqua color. Just killer!

nhpharm

Reaction score
It's a so-called "Shaker" medicine put out by Dr. Louis Turner of St. Louis, Missouri in partnership with the Shaker community in Union Village, Ohio. Pretty hard to find and definitely a good bottle.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
It's a so-called "Shaker" medicine put out by Dr. Louis Turner of St. Louis, Missouri in partnership with the Shaker community in Union Village, Ohio. Pretty hard to find and definitely a good bottle.

Thank You!!!!! I appreciate the help! Not intending on selling it (obviously) but what is the selling price for this sort of bottle? I would like to document the price for my collection list where I include the price ranged of all of my bottles.

Last edited:

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
No sales records, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes for around $100 if you were to put it on ebay.

drbobdrbob

Reaction score
12/15/2021: I just saw this thread today and thought I'd add that I acquired one of these in 2009 from the collection of J. Carl Sturm of Florida. Has
corked contents. Paid $45 and believe I got a great deal. Bob

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi