The Joys of Winter Diving!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Seasonal Greetings Hunters / Collectors!

Was out yesterday for a couple of polar plunges, without much to show for it, but a few weeks back I had a productive dive, with this very-mint beer being the highlight find:

IMG_4141.jpg

After a wonderful day of polar diving, what better way to salute the day, than to enjoy an ice cold beer, in a cut-down old quart bottle!

IMG_4140.jpg

Sorry about the sidewaysness of these pics, couldn't figure out how to straighten them! Ah well, Merry Christmas to all, and to all, may you find the finds of your life in 2019!

Best Fishes,
DSD

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh wow, I have a hard time imagining getting into the water at all in this weather, but that sure is a nice beer to show for it!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Oh wow, I have a hard time imagining getting into the water at all in this weather, but that sure is a nice beer to show for it!

Modern equipment makes it pretty tolerable; the hard part is getting out and getting inside your vehicle before you turn into a divercicle!

Frozen Diver.jpg

DSD

RCO

Reaction score
were already deep into winter here ( snow everywhere and freezing cold ) , I couldn't imagine diving this time of year

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I agree with RCO. It's way too cold out already. Two weeks until winter begins and I'm sick of it. But I dive wet.
81AC8792E5FF470E9ED6F69ADBC6A81A.jpg

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I agree with RCO. It's way too cold out already. Two weeks until winter begins and I'm sick of it. But I dive wet.
View attachment 186050

B3, I would certainly agree that wet & winter are incompatible; I'm fortunate to have a bottle buddy that is just as keen as I am to keep-in-the-deeps as much as possible...

IMG_3013.jpg

With proper thermals, we typically run :80 dives x2 for a dive day. Though chilled somewhat at the end of the day, a nice, hot, rum toddy will rewarm the core!

Best,
DSD

willong

Reaction score
B3, I would certainly agree that wet & winter are incompatible; I'm fortunate to have a bottle buddy that is just as keen as I am to keep-in-the-deeps as much as possible...

View attachment 186065

With proper thermals, we typically run :80 dives x2 for a dive day. Though chilled somewhat at the end of the day, a nice, hot, rum toddy will rewarm the core!

Best,
DSD

That's why I like the "Digging and Finding" forum--it's great vicarious adventure! A less than modest income, together with ears and sinuses that didn't want to equalize at even 12' when free diving, kept me from pursuing SCUBA. Thank you, to all the bottle hunters who share their adventures here, especially the divers.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi