Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Joys of Winter Diving!

Seasonal Greetings Hunters / Collectors!

Was out yesterday for a couple of polar plunges, without much to show for it, but a few weeks back I had a productive dive, with this very-mint beer being the highlight find:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4141.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	186015

After a wonderful day of polar diving, what better way to salute the day, than to enjoy an ice cold beer, in a cut-down old quart bottle!

Name:	IMG_4140.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	186016

Sorry about the sidewaysness of these pics, couldn't figure out how to straighten them! Ah well, Merry Christmas to all, and to all, may you find the finds of your life in 2019!

Best Fishes,
    DSD

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Oh wow, I have a hard time imagining getting into the water at all in this weather, but that sure is a nice beer to show for it!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    Oh wow, I have a hard time imagining getting into the water at all in this weather, but that sure is a nice beer to show for it!
    Modern equipment makes it pretty tolerable; the hard part is getting out and getting inside your vehicle before you turn into a divercicle!

Name:	Frozen Diver.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	186039

DSD

Senior Member Bottle Master Robby Raccoon's Avatar
    Neat, a plate-mould on a crown-top. Very swell!

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    That thing is sparkly!

were already deep into winter here ( snow everywhere and freezing cold ) , I couldn't imagine diving this time of year

I agree with RCO. It's way too cold out already. Two weeks until winter begins and I'm sick of it. But I dive wet.

Name:	81AC8792E5FF470E9ED6F69ADBC6A81A.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	186050

Quote Originally Posted by blobbottlebob View Post
    I agree with RCO. It's way too cold out already. Two weeks until winter begins and I'm sick of it. But I dive wet.

Name:	81AC8792E5FF470E9ED6F69ADBC6A81A.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	186050
    B3, I would certainly agree that wet & winter are incompatible; I'm fortunate to have a bottle buddy that is just as keen as I am to keep-in-the-deeps as much as possible...

Name:	IMG_3013.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	186065

With proper thermals, we typically run :80 dives x2 for a dive day. Though chilled somewhat at the end of the day, a nice, hot, rum toddy will rewarm the core!

Best,
    DSD

Nice! Hope you get some great stuff.

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSeaDan View Post
    B3, I would certainly agree that wet & winter are incompatible; I'm fortunate to have a bottle buddy that is just as keen as I am to keep-in-the-deeps as much as possible...

Name:	IMG_3013.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	186065

With proper thermals, we typically run :80 dives x2 for a dive day. Though chilled somewhat at the end of the day, a nice, hot, rum toddy will rewarm the core!

Best,
    DSD

That's why I like the "Digging and Finding" forum--it's great vicarious adventure! A less than modest income, together with ears and sinuses that didn't want to equalize at even 12' when free diving, kept me from pursuing SCUBA. Thank you, to all the bottle hunters who share their adventures here, especially the divers.