Some nice finds from my summer 2018 dives....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
A pretty good dive season for this underwater glass hunter:

A nice Dalley's Ink with a rare finished top, a somewhat rare, mint condition b/t quart from J.D. Brown, and an equally mint but fairly common J.D. Brown, a J.J. McLaughlin crown-top qt. soda ( thinking of tumbling this one), a James Walsh squat soda, and a beautiful, if un-embossed, black beer with tons of tiny bubbles!

IMG_4075.jpg

Can't wait to get back in & resume the quest! Ah well, there are worse things to be addicted too!

Regards,
DSD

RCO

Reaction score
I found one of those small JD Brown bottles too this summer , hidden in the sand near an old hotel . never found the quart before or even broken parts of one .

but there is a lot of JD Brown bottles all over muskoka , they sold to many towns in the area other than Gravenhurst

I assume you were diving somewhere in Muskoka area ?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are definitely some nice finds! I've always wanted to try diving for bottles.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I found one of those small JD Brown bottles too this summer , hidden in the sand near an old hotel . never found the quart before or even broken parts of one .

but there is a lot of JD Brown bottles all over muskoka , they sold to many towns in the area other than Gravenhurst

I assume you were diving somewhere in Muskoka area ?

Yes indeed I was. I've explored a good portion of the lakes & rivers in the area, and there is much more territory to investigate. I found this blob-top in the area as well, showing that bottles really got around back in the day:

IMG_2831.jpg

I plan on traveling farther North next season, as it is taking many, many dives to scare up something good in the more southern regions. Where do you do most of your hunting, generally speaking?

DSD

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Those are definitely some nice finds! I've always wanted to try diving for bottles.

Hey, dive in Bro! Other than propellers, crazed teenage wave-runner-riders, giant snapping turtles and overly-friendly carp, it's a walk in the park! :cool:

Seriously, there are a few hazards out there, so if you decide to dive in, be careful.

DSD

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Those are awesome! I love that little blob top beside the green bottle. Very nice!

Yes, it's one of my favourites; we Canadians are big fans of the Beaver!

Regards,
DSD

RCO

Reaction score
never seen that Simcoe bottle before , H W Pursel is listed as 1899-1902 , odd you found it up north

I've been all over the place but limited to where I can go and how deep I can swim down , I'd prefer to discuss specific locations thru Personal message if you wanted to know more

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah I may try it one day, but not until I have more time and money than I do now. And that Pursel bottle is a beauty! That lacrosse image is fantastic, never seen that one before.

willong

Reaction score
Personally, I would not tumble that frosted bottle--the condition authentically reflects its history.

What method did you use to cut a (broken?) bottle to make the tumbler in the background behind the ink? In addition to intact, machine-made bottles, have a few BIM but broken bottles I'd like to convert to drinking glasses.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora