$5,000 Coca Cola Bottle Currently on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
I heard from the seller but all they said was "Thanks" and didn't answer my question about if I would receive the exact bottle pictured. So I just sent them another message asking the same question again. I'm really beginning to suspect something fishy is going on. I will be back if/when I hear from them again. By the way, I totally agree with EvansBottles in that its the identical bottle and identical picture as the one shown on WorthPoint.

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
I just heard from them (see below) I'm tempted to report them to eBay with the evidence I accumulated but probably won't because I don't want to get caught up in some weird situation. But I think its safe to highlight this with a Buyer Beware Warning!

Here's the seller's copy/pasted reply ...

[h=1]New message from: betrillionaire (3,039 )[/h]
[h=3]The bottle it's show on pictures it is the actual bottle.
[/h]

SODABOB

Reaction score
Just to see what would happen I made an official offer of $50.00 but it was instantly rejected. And when I say "instantly" I mean faster than the blink of an eye. I'm not sure how all of that works but apparently the offer option is set up in advance with a predetermined amount that it will accept. I have no intention of making a higher offer because I might end up biting off more than I can chew.

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Question ...

Do you think I should continue to investigate this or just let it go? I can very easily send the seller a link to the WorthPoint listing and ask them to explain it.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Stand by because this could get Verry Intrresting - I just decided to send the seller the WorthPoint link.

Very Interesting Laugh In (2).jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Here's their reply. I hate to say this, and I don't mean any offence by it, but because of the way their reply is worded in this and the previous replies, I'm starting to think the seller might be illiterate or a kid. In other words, their reply about the WorthPoint link I sent them doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. What do you make of it?

[h=1]New message from: betrillionaire (3,039 )[/h]
[h=3]Just I change the old pictures it has been sold to the new pictures is NOT sold yet as you can see it.
[/h]

EvansBottles

Reaction score
I just looked at the other Coke bottles this seller is offering. All are at ridiculous prices.
There is a number of bottles photographed in the same setting. Then there are a fair number
of others that are all photographed in various different settings. Which seems pretty odd.
As if the photos were pirated from other listings. But if this seller is doing this, how does he/she
have such a high Ebay rating?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora