$5,000 Coca Cola Bottle Currently on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
If your looking for a stocking stuffer for Christmas, check out this $5,000 Coca Cola bottle on eBay. Its a patent 1915 bottle but the 9 in 1915 is upside down. I sent the seller a message to see if it has a makers mark or date code on it and will let you know what they say when I hear back from them. Despite the patent date, the 1915 bottles were not produced and circulated until 1917. I have ROOT 17 that I paid $100 for several years ago. Notice on the eBay listing where it says they already sold one and have one left. I wonder how much they got for the one that sold? I could be wrong, but I bet it wasn't $5,000. It has a "Make Offer" option but I have no intention of making one because they would probably laugh at me when they saw my $50 offer. Anyhoo, check it out - its really cool ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ERROR...GlZbXVJ:sc:USPSPriority!91906!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0

Coca Cola Bottle Nov 16  1915 with upside down 9 front.jpg

Coca Cola Bottle Nov 16  1915 with upside down 9.jpg

EvansBottles

Reaction score
Is it possible that coke bottle is BIM (blown) tooled top? I don't see a seam on the lip. And the look of the piece just looks BIM. Rather than ABM (machine made). The bubbles and crude embossing along with no base markings makes me wonder.
It also looks as if I can see the tooling marks that wipe the seam from the lip and upper neck. If it is BIM then it is rare in
that respect alone. Regardless of the upside down number.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is BIM. There are at least a handful of cities that have BIM 1915's I believe.

SODABOB

Reaction score
I contacted the seller two times. The first time was to ask if the bottle had a makers mark or any other numbers or letters embossed on the base or heel. They sent me a reply but it was a little vague. The said it had a makers mark but didn't say what it was. So I contacted them again to clarify what the makers mark is, and I also asked them about the mold seam. They are a little slow in replying and it took several days to hear from them the first time. I have not received a reply yet from my second inquiry but will post it when I do. In the meantime, here is a list of the glass companies who produced the patent 1915 bottle. If we knew which one made the error bottle we might be able to find out more about it. I will be back just as soon as I hear from the seller again.

The (1916 Patent) is a typo and should have been (1915 Patent)

Notice the earliest production dates are 1917

Coca Cola Glass Makers (2).jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
And here's my ROOT 17 bottle - Which is considered one of the very first to be produced. I paid about $100 for it several years ago. Its machine made.

COCA COLA ROOT 17 FRONT (2).jpg

COCA COLA ROOT 17 (2).jpg

COCA COLA ROOT 17 ROOT (2).jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
I take back what I said about the seller being slow to respond. I just received this copy/pasted message - which is kind of confusing because in their first reply they said it DID have a makers mark. ???

[h=1]New message from: betrillionaire (3,039 )[/h]
[h=3]There is NO makers or mark and any numbers or letters on the bottom or around base.
The line on the side of the bottle goes all the way to the top
[/h]

SODABOB

Reaction score
PS

If you click on the sellers name it will take you to their selling history, etc. They have 3,039 sales. I scrolled through everything they sold in the past six months and did not see another error bottle listed. Of course it might have been longer ago than six months, but I'm still curious about them indicating that one sold and that the current listing is the last one. If anyone scrolls through all 3,039 of their sales and finds the other bottle, please share it with us. Most of the sales show how much the item sold for, etc. Just click on where it says "See All Feedback"

SODABOB

Reaction score
PS ~ PS

I just found this by clicking on the one that sold from the original link. It indicates an offer was accepted - but I'm still a little confused if the offer was $5,000 or if that is just referring to the asking price. ???

User ID
s.gif
Buy It Now Price
QuantityDate of Purchase
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

l***s
s.gif
( 6 )
US $5,000.001Apr-10-18 00:46:13 PDT

l***s