found a copy of Canning Jars of Canada price guide

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I don't really collect jars , I found this book in a lot of books I got recently at an auction . there was an Ontario dairy book I wanted , so I bought the lot . this book was in it and I don't really know much about it

actually no cover on the book but searching around , it appears its called " canning jars of Canada " and was written by a Harry Milligan , unsure of date that this version was printed

its very large , has to be a couple hundred pages , a lot of pages on "crown jars " but also all the other ones . I have no idea if its rare or even what it might be worth in this condition

DSC01673.jpgDSC01674.jpgDSC01675.jpgDSC01676.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice find! Looks pretty rare to me, most of these really specialized books from that era are. It's definitely totally useless as a price guide, but since it looks to be pretty comprehensive it could be a good one. Though I think the Red Book covers Canadian fruit jars too, right? In that case I'm not sure, but regardless it's certainly far better than a Unitt's or something like that.

RCO

Reaction score
Nice find! Looks pretty rare to me, most of these really specialized books from that era are. It's definitely totally useless as a price guide, but since it looks to be pretty comprehensive it could be a good one. Though I think the Red Book covers Canadian fruit jars too, right? In that case I'm not sure, but regardless it's certainly far better than a Unitt's or something like that.

I have no idea , doubt very many copies would of been printed . I agree the prices would be out of date . but with so many pictures and descriptions it might be a helpful way to identify jars ?

but never really collected jars so not sure I'd ever use the book and might not end up keeping it

shotdwn

Reaction score
You can never have to many reference books and you may not collect jars but run across a neat old one you may want to find out about.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi