Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Galveston Dig

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    That is fantastic to both find bottles like that and to be doing it with your son.

Great finds. Best wishes from a fellow bottle collector in SE Texas.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Here are some photos of my finds from last Sunday. Ten hutch sodas (half are damaged), 6 crown tops (4 from Galveston, one from Houston, and one from Chicago), and some other odds and ends (mostly bottles for the dollar box). Fun dig! Anyone recognize the canning jar? It is completely unmarked, but looks to take a Mason's Improved closure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2286.jpg   IMG_2287.jpg   IMG_2288.jpg   IMG_2289.jpg   IMG_2290.jpg  

IMG_2291.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    Awesome digs. I would be thrilled with finding just 1 hutch, damaged or not and you nailed 10. Awesome.

up here in the northeast, those Duffy whiskey bottles fetch more than a buck for sure. I’m guessing those weren’t going to hit the dollar box

The Duffy's will be in the dollar boxes. People love my dollar boxes at the Houston show. Last show I did I made $500 just off the dollar boxes and left with a much lighter load! And lots of people left the show with smiles on their faces, which is part of the fun!

Senior Member Bottle Master GLASSHOPPER55's Avatar
    NH, I want to agree with Sandchip, love that blue-ish Hutch. And who doesn't like hutchies! Also that flask with the killer screwthreads!

Very good digs!
    "Digging Up the Past --- One Bottle at a Time, Since 1969"

Member New Bottler
    Wow a dream spot!! Awesome.

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Nice Finds, Love the Hutch bottles.Congrats.LEON.

Got out Sunday again with my son and dug a pair of privies. The first was a big 1860's/1870's privy that had been heavily dipped (always bad news). Found a couple of bottles under a center horizontal brace in the privy (an amber flask with a star embossed, an umbrella ink bottle, and a few slicks). All the way down in one corner I found a nice early W. Hekelnkaemper Atchison Kansas blob top soda bottle...the prize of the day. Second privy was from the same time period but shaped more like a trough and had a nice big peppersauce bottle, an embossed English blackglass bottle, and a few other odds and ends in it. Always nice to get into some earlier stuff...never know what you might find! It was rainy and cold so we called it a day a bit earlier than normal.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yacorie View Post
    Awesome digs. I would be thrilled with finding just 1 hutch, damaged or not and you nailed 10. Awesome...
    Ain't that the truth. Been at it 44 years and found only one intact hutch. At least it was a good local one!