Lake of Bays Beverages - acl soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
this was the bottle I found at an antique store in North Bay Ontario a few weeks back , there isn't many antique stores there but is a small one downtown and they had a few bottles which I had never seen there before .

I've known about this bottle for a few years , did find 2 similar green ones swimming a few years back . but both had virtually no acl left .

there is also a clear version of this bottle , its in a slightly different bottle but all the rest is the same . has the same lake and map design on back .

this bottler is not listed in my books so I don't know the exact dates of operation or even exactly where it operated in Huntsville Ontario . there is very little information out there on it . I've always assumed late 40's or early 50's

is a date code on the bottom , does " consumers glass triangle " 5034 and 7 , mean anything ?

lakeofbaysN1.jpglakeofbaysN3.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
this is a picture of the clear version , bottle I had seen on ebay some time ago . it seems to be slightly more common than the green version . I've found a few swimming but the acl is never any good

huntsvillebeveragesLBC.jpghuntsvillebeveragesLBC1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
more pictures , a green one I found swimming , the green one I just bought , a clear one I found at a yard sale and a clear one I found swimming

DSC01677.jpgDSC01679.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
5034 is probably the stock # and 7 more than likely the mould #..... love bottles with those little maps.

RCO

Reaction score
5034 is probably the stock # and 7 more than likely the mould #..... love bottles with those little maps.

ok I didn't really think the numbers meant much , the map of the lakes is definitely appealing as those lakes are still popular today .

there is also an unrelated , " lake of bays " brewery operating now , its been around for a decade or more and obviously brews beer

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but I really like the ACL design!

RCO

Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but I really like the ACL design!

I wouldn't expect anyone here to know much about it .

personally wondered if maybe it was bottled somewhere else like Toronto and just shipped north to Huntsville ? considering the lack of bottling facilities there at the time ( if maybe that explains the lack of information on the company )

although my research has turned up a building in the southern part of town that was used by bottlers for storage or bottling in the 60's or 70's , not sure if maybe this company used it earlier ?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That sounds like a long way to ship soda in those days. I imagine that there was probably a bottling facility in town, likely not a very big one though. If their distribution was small, which it sounded like it was, they wouldn't have needed a very large facility.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora