Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member New Bottler

New lot of bottles

Part of a batch of bottles that I couldn't turn down - about .40 each.

I've been looking up a bunch of these but some of them are hard to find any information on whatsoever.

Pictures are Left to right. This is what is embossed on one side of the bottle.

Picture 1:

Frank Spetrino 1846 Main St Bridgeport Conn, James Mahan & CO East Brookfield Mass, JF Hennesey 187 Main St Willimantic CT, John Gaddes River Point RI, The Connecticut Breweries Bridgeport Conn, Jean Horning & CO Danbury CT

Picture 2:

Consumers Brewery Bottling Dept New York, The Stroh Brewery of Detroit Mich, WH Parks Hotel Windsor Spencer MASS, Springfield Breweries Springfield Mass, Hoster Columbus ABCO, Menominee River Brewing CO Beer Meriominee MICH

Picture 3:

Picke's Beverages Danielson Conn, Star Soda Works 176 Washington St New Britain Conn, Arcade Bott wks Arcade NY, Simpson Spring CO So Easton, NH Spring Water CO The Weirs NH, J Gahm & Son Boston.

Picture 4:

Eagle Brewing Company Waterbury, Simpson Spring Co So. Easton, Darby Beverages Manchester NH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0933.jpg   IMG_0934.jpg   IMG_0935.jpg   IMG_0936.jpg  

Member New Bottler
    More pictures. The last pictures are two green bottles. One looks to have an interwined "SP" and the other is a Very heavey and thick bottle - I think its actually dark green. I photo'd the bottom because it has that little nipple piece.

Picture 1:

State Street Wine 290 State St 119 Commerce St Boston, Inia Wharf Brewing CO Brooklyn 08, Hyannis Well Spring J.L. Panesis & CO Hyannis MASS (3 of these)

Picture 2:

Empire Bottling Works Bristol RI, American Dry Beverages Boston MASS, A large version of the Hyannis Well Spring bottle from Picture 1

Picture 3:

FE Sherry & CO 55 Blake St Lynn MASS, Mill Shire Dry Gin, Gordons Dry Gin

Picture 4:

Veronica Medicine Spring water, Bottle Remains the property of H.B. Kirk & CO NY, Bellaire BR'G CO. Bellaire. O., Excelsior Mustard Mills New York

Picture 5:

Squeeze, JB Herbert & Sons Southbridge Mass National Beverages, Taters, 1872 Doyles Hop Bitters

Picture 6:

SP - a nice green color, super heavy dark green and the bottom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0937.jpg   IMG_0938.jpg   IMG_0939.jpg   IMG_0940.jpg   IMG_0941.jpg  

IMG_0942.jpg   IMG_0943.jpg  
    Last edited by yacorie; 01-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Member New Bottler
    Some of the ACLs in the lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0944.jpg   IMG_0945.jpg   IMG_0946.jpg   IMG_0947.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Finder Screwtop's Avatar
    Holy cow! All that!? Wow! Great score!
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Bottle Master
    That's some nice stuff and a great price! I'm really curious about that Tower Root Beer, never seen a quart ACL shaped like that before. Does it have a date code? Looks like it might be quite an early one. Some great graphics on some of the others as well, especially that Lafayette! I wish I could find a score like that.

Nice group! I think I know where you got them ;-) If you're planning to sell I would definitely be interested in the Empire Bottling Works from Bristol.

Member New Bottler
    @CanadianBottles

I'm not the right guy for asking dates and what not. Here are some additional pictures of the bottle in question. Some of the ACL is worn off - but this is a bottle from the Prospect Hill Bottling Company in Charleston Massachusetts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0949.jpg   IMG_0950.jpg   IMG_0951.jpg  

I can't tell which way up that date code is facing. It's either 1936 or 1939 as far as I can tell. If the former, that's a very early ACL!

Member New Bottler
    I oriented the picture so you could read the bottom number. I assume that’s correct based on the 2, which would otherwise be upside down. In the picture the front of the bottle is the top of picture.

does that make sense?

from searching online similar looking bottles are said to be from the 50s but the bottom marks are totally different.

i have no clue
    Last edited by yacorie; 01-05-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    40 cents each? Some seller must have been in a hurry to get rid of them. Their loss is your gain!