Oklahoma City Drug Store and Druggist Bottles

A few bottles from OKC. How common is the Ph.G.? I don't have a lot of druggist bottles but this is the only one with Ph.G. I had to Google it:

Ph.G.

1. Abbreviation for Pharmacopoeia Germanica (German Pharmacopoeia).
    2. Abbreviation for Graduate in Pharmacy, a degree no longer offered in the U.S.

THE MODEL DRUG STORE
    A.J. KIRKPATRICK PH.G.
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLA.

THE SCOTT DRUG CO.
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLA.

C.B. HALEY
    DRUGGIST
    OKLAHOMA CITY

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9562.jpg   IMG_9565.jpg   IMG_9563.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I usually see the PH.G. on newer pharmacy bottles (usually 1910-1920 or so).

Quote Originally Posted by nhpharm View Post
    I usually see the PH.G. on newer pharmacy bottles (usually 1910-1920 or so).
    Cool, thanks for the info!

Senior Member Bottle Master stephengray's Avatar
    Hello, I used to have about a 1000 drugstore bottles from OKC but sold them a few years ago. Wish I had them back.... Anyway, all 3 of those are fairly common for OKC druggists with the best one being the Scott Drug Co. Now, the Scott's are really common but you have a more rare bottle style that was made by W.T. Co. with the 13 panels. And yes, the PH. G. stands for Graduate Pharmacist.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by stephengray View Post
    Hello, I used to have about a 1000 drugstore bottles from OKC but sold them a few years ago. Wish I had them back.... Anyway, all 3 of those are fairly common for OKC druggists with the best one being the Scott Drug Co. Now, the Scott's are really common but you have a more rare bottle style that was made by W.T. Co. with the 13 panels. And yes, the PH. G. stands for Graduate Pharmacist.

Stephen
    Wow, that's a lot! Would loved to have seen some.