Info Needed on Melvin & Badger Apothecary Jar

Hello,
    I am posting to ask for any information concerning this item. It is a Melvin & Badger Apothecary Jar. Long story short, My Father in Law's elderly neighbor gave it to him as a gift. I believe he had it for a long time. My father in law gave it to me to see what I could find out about it. Any information would be great, especially concerning value. Thank you for your time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190111_114014.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	186619

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I can't tell you much about that particular type of jar, but some Melvin & Badger poison bottles seem to sell very well. I see several examples of similar jars on Worthpoint, but I don't have a membership so I can't help there. Here is a link to an 1873 Boston Directory showing them listed at that 43 Temple Place in Boston:

https://books.google.com/books?id=PY...caries&f=false

Thanks, that is very fascinating. I'm not familiar with Worthpoint. I am hoping someone can give me some estimate as to value or point me in the right direction.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Hi, This jar and lid dates to around 1890 - 1900 and would be valued at around $75.00. Unfortunately the lid is plain and not underglaze printed with the contents listed and if it had been would have been worth considerably more.