Looking for Digging Partner in Olympia Lacey Washington area

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Grizz

Reaction score
New to the hobby and I have no idea where to look or dig. Looking for anyone in the Lacey/Olympia Washington area that may be looking for someone to help them dig. I can provide a strong back but really have no knowledge of bottle digging or locations to do so.

Thanks

willong

Reaction score
New to the hobby and I have no idea where to look or dig. Looking for anyone in the Lacey/Olympia Washington area that may be looking for someone to help them dig. I can provide a strong back but really have no knowledge of bottle digging or locations to do so.

Thanks

Hey Grizz,

I used to dig in WA back in 1970's. I concentrated on logging camps and rural mill sites that were evident on 1910 and earlier maps. Now retired and without work or family commitments, I intend to get back into digging later this year. I prefer searching out old sites in the woods and mountains, even if it takes miles of hiking to reach them (I enjoy hiking through the outdoors regardless of the activity, hunting, fishing, mushroom picking and more). Does that sort of bottle hunting appeal to you?

Alternately, if you are the kind of guy who doesn't mind knocking on doors to seek permission--not my thing personally--I can provide you with a couple maps showing properties from the early 1900's and before; and I can also show you how to do the map research to locate additional prospects. If you were able to secure permission, we could team up to locate and excavate privy pits.

It is only fair to offer a permission-granting landowner at least a token selection (usually adequate) from a dig. However, with two diggers doing all the work, I personally would not be interested in digging any sites where an owner insisted on more than a one-in-four selection (cut) from a dig's proceeds. With two diggers, it works out well to offer the landowner every fifth pick. (I'd be interested in hearing other forum members' opinions on the topic.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger