Are all Coca Cola Bottling Company bottles actually coca cola?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

yacorie

Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question. I have a bottle that is embossed Coca Cola Bottling Company around the shoulder in block letters. Around the bottom of the bottle it says Middletown, Conn.

I have always assumed that the bottle had at one point had a label or something for another coke product since the name was not in script. Is that correct or were these bottles coke bottles?

I'll add a photo when I pull the bottle out again.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Coca-Cola Bottling companies also bottled other products, even for other companies. The producer didn't always bottle at his own facility, and some towns only had Coca-Cola-owned facilities. Not everyone (like me) likes Coke, so sometimes we also want another flavour, like strawberry! So they catered even to us tasteless plebians!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah to my knowledge the only ones which actually had Coca Cola in them were the bottles with the script on them (not counting NDNRs). Flavour bottles like you're talking about exist for a few other brands as well but Coke franchises are the most common. I've got one from a 7 Up franchise.

yacorie

Reaction score
Ok that makes sense. I still enjoy that they are local bottles but I didn’t think they all had coke in them.

appreciate the responses

sandchip

Reaction score
Years ago while looking under an old warehouse, I found a broken straight-side script embossed Coke with the remnants of the typical diamond shaped label with Coca-Cola in the center, but across the top sides of the label, read "Cream Soda" in blue and gold lettering.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora