Senior Member Bottle Finder

Are all Coca Cola Bottling Company bottles actually coca cola?

This may sound like a dumb question. I have a bottle that is embossed Coca Cola Bottling Company around the shoulder in block letters. Around the bottom of the bottle it says Middletown, Conn.

I have always assumed that the bottle had at one point had a label or something for another coke product since the name was not in script. Is that correct or were these bottles coke bottles?

I'll add a photo when I pull the bottle out again.

Senior Member Bottle Master Robby Raccoon's Avatar
    Coca-Cola Bottling companies also bottled other products, even for other companies. The producer didn't always bottle at his own facility, and some towns only had Coca-Cola-owned facilities. Not everyone (like me) likes Coke, so sometimes we also want another flavour, like strawberry! So they catered even to us tasteless plebians!
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Yeah to my knowledge the only ones which actually had Coca Cola in them were the bottles with the script on them (not counting NDNRs). Flavour bottles like you're talking about exist for a few other brands as well but Coke franchises are the most common. I've got one from a 7 Up franchise.

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    Ok that makes sense. I still enjoy that they are local bottles but I didn’t think they all had coke in them.

appreciate the responses

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    Yes, my girlfriend collects Coke and has many 'Coke' flavor bottles.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Years ago while looking under an old warehouse, I found a broken straight-side script embossed Coke with the remnants of the typical diamond shaped label with Coca-Cola in the center, but across the top sides of the label, read "Cream Soda" in blue and gold lettering.