One For The 'TEEM'

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
That Teem can is listed in the guide at $40-45 USD, it's not rare and I have seen at least 2 dozen over the last 5 years show up, having said that I still don't have one!...lol.
I have noticed over the last couple of years the prices on some flat tops have risen quite a bit, to me that price of $100 is a little steep given the condition.

(edit note) I just noticed that can has a silver border around the lemon and silver lettering, a little different than the one I have documented which has white.

Last edited:

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Teem.jpg

Here is a Teem can I have from (I think) circa 1970.

GLASSHOPPER

RCO

Reaction score
I've found 2 teem flat top cans this year , one was rusted but the one I found today has a lot of colour . considering it was lying in the woods under some leaves its surprising it still has any original colour to this extent , assuming its from the mid to late 60's as its flat top

20201013_153520.jpg
20201013_153531.jpg
20201013_153922.jpg

capackrat

Reaction score
Gonna steer away from my usual 7up stuff and post a new one I just recently got. I collect Teem, a Pepsi product. Pepsi put out Teem in 1960, a lemon lime drink. Discontinued in the US in 1984 but still available in a few other countries. This particular 12 oz embossed bottle seems to be very hard to find. It is from 1965. I have the Ayers Pepsi guide books from back in 2001 and it lists this bottle for 250.00$! Strange how prices can go up and down because I only paid 22$ for it. But kinda nice knowing that maybe at some point in time it was worth a lot. I collect Teem bottles and have a good collection of them.

A few days ago I found the "hard to find" all-embossed 12 oz bottle on the side of the road in a local central California town. It appears to be in very good condition so I researched this in depth and apparently the Ayer's guidebook was based on the collection of, and feedback from, the now deceased Pepsi bottle king Donnie Medlin and the prices were based on the known bottles up to 2001. Since then many more have 'surfaced' and the auction prices lately are about 10x less than Donnie's estimates. The reason these are still so collectible is that they are NDNR (thowaways & they were thrown away), they were a 12 oz taller version (longer neck) that was favored since it was exclusively released to the western (long neck) Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico markets, and they appear to have been only available from vending machines (and tossed).

To test the collectors' market I am planning on listing mine on eBay soon and price based on my extensive research. If it doesn't sell then I will keep it as a collection of only all-embossed 12 oz bottles.

BTW, despite being targeted for a non-Californian market, the bottle plant code is Los Angeles.

Any feedback is appreciated, since I am a new member to the teem.

Thanks.

Andy
California Pack Rat

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Welcome to the Teem. (pun intended) LEON.

capackrat

Reaction score
Thank you and pun fully accepted...did you know that Pepsico Executives assigned to the TEEM Account in the early 60's were indeed called "Teem Members"? Their marketing and sales experts were very good at 'milking' the double entendre. Needless to state, the Teem soda was primarily marketed to high school and univerisity students to help promote a teem spirit.

Pepsico set up a "Teem Field Force" into four US geographic "Teem Divisions:" Western, Central, Eastern, & Southern to try and take on 7-Up...originally Pepsi wanted to name the drink "Teem-Up" but were concerned about 7-Up taking legal action so they dropped the "Up". After Pepsi, this was the second most expensive marketing campaign of any of Pepsi's other drinks at that time.

Last edited:

capackrat

Reaction score
It's only one bottle for now and will do after I complete my research this week.

Thanks,

Andy

RCO

Reaction score
came across a vintage Teem advertisement from 1962 when searching thru some old local newspapers online , features the green king size bottle

teem.png
teem1.png

capackrat

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing...for research refernce what was the newspaper name and date in 1962?

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora