Belated 2018 Year in Review Dive and Dumb Luck Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh that's great that you got an ID on the stoneware! Any idea of a date range?

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
Wow. Great whole bottles and other stuff. KILLER shards! Congrats, and good luck in 2019. I hope to start diving myself with a bud here in CT.

coldwater diver

Reaction score

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Hey CWD!

So many guys I know are having hips, knees & other assorted parts worked over, replaced etc.; it is that time of life, I reckon!

Fascinating to see all of those very old shards! And heartbreaking as well. I had a good prime season up my way, and many hours were spent, but as you say, hunting beats working ANYTIME!

Here's a few things I found in 2018:

IMG_4142.jpgIMG_4075.jpg

It is very rare up this way to find items ( whole or part of ) of great age, but we keep trying! I hope 2019 is the best year ever for you, and all the other good hunters of old glass, crockery, and whatever else comes your way!

IMG_4294.jpg

Regards,
DSD

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Lookin Good Dan, I used to dive dry but have switched to wet suit year round so far so good just need to swim faster to stay warm. Nice bottles, like the ink. Do those rivers freeze over? Kevin

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Absolutely loving the hunt....

Lookin Good Dan, I used to dive dry but have switched to wet suit year round so far so good just need to swim faster to stay warm. Nice bottles, like the ink. Do those rivers freeze over? Kevin

This winter, as in some recent winters, the dreaded "Polar Vortex" has pretty much frozen most of my go to areas. With this thaw we're experiencing right now, I hope to see my fave places become diveable again.

Being newly retired, I am pumped for the coming fair weather hunting season, as I plan to hit the water as much as the Missuss can tolerate ( it's getting easier - I'm underfoot too much these days! ).

Wishing you great hunting in 2019!

Best Fishes,
DSD

BF109

Reaction score
Great finds! I really like that rail road tag.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora