WTS Selling Collections: Moving Across Country for University

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Welp, I'm moving across the country for university (driving 2,500 miles) and only bringing what fits in my sedan. So, if you guys saw anything in my posts (click here for link to posts) that you had interest in buying, shoot me a PM as it may be up for sale. Otherwise, I'll be at the West Michigan bottle show on February 23rd. I just want to get rid of almost all of it, so reasonable offers are all up for consideration. "Help a bruddah out?" Hah hah.

Types of items include mostly Muskegon, Michigan, druggists and sodas and beers; some labeled patent medicine bottles; a few bitters and tonics, and a whole lot of insulators that aren't your daily Hemingray 42's.

An estate sale for things will be happening in April the week before Easter. You can see stuff that may be for sale, including bottles, on my Collector's Weekly profile (click here). PM me here for a head start if you want. Antique (100 years or older) clocks, coins, fans, porcelain, phones, paper, cameras, electronics, etc.

It's kinda awkward, though, doing my own estate sale.

All reasonable offers considered.

Some examples:

Acibnq56cJc9ewZnnCED6Q.jpg
Item link.^ Pre-Pro Western tray.

M2Qt2gO15CW0wG70fThGug.jpg
Link. ^ 1880s screaming yellow lightning jar.

xe8ajQfkLeqe6cqaa9nOtQ.jpg
Item link. ^ Includes Anchor Bitters.

LJJBbcstq3d9tO2.jzmudg.jpg
Link. Warner's Safe pills.

gZH2XbmdtT2wt95FEplLwA.jpg
Link.^ Scarce "scroll" bottle, Fred Wolff, Philadelphia.

uFGAgDMoQhthP4n1pF5NAg.jpg
Link. ^ 1880s labeled Guinness.

sGguenOYVRCvuzpVDjNDoQ.jpg
Pre-Pro Grand Rapids whiskeys.

Kg8lsjVhYv3cmXMB-0k9yg.jpg
meBw0lxxQcbOSi9g-czA3w.jpg
Miscellaneous ^

SLgEpGXhSJqKgxCaAxdxSg.jpg
Some of these are kept or already gone, but it's an example.

4SczBNrboJWKDfK55A7vRg.jpg
Small portion of druggist collection.

RCO

Reaction score
I don't know what to suggest , you've put together a neat collection . most of the local stuff would likely only be of interest to someone from your area . I'm not sure what the market is like for older paper label bottles and insulators

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Hello, RCO.
I'll be selling the locals mostly at the bottle show but threw a reference up here as well. Bottles from other cities, though, like the ones below, don't sell well in my area unless they're "national" bottles like bitters and such, as most bottles attract interest by people who live(d) in the cities they're associated with, or are at "national" shows where people will drive 1,000 miles to attend.
Bottles Colour.jpg
The insulators will be an easy sale for me as they're all 2, 5, 10, and 15 bucks. They'll go fast at the show and estate sale.
Some of the paper labels are pontiled bottles. They sell pretty well.

yacorie

Reaction score
That lightning jar is awesome.

the bottle with the SP. do you know what that is?

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
I don't know what to suggest , you've put together a neat collection . most of the local stuff would likely only be of interest to someone from your area . I'm not sure what the market is like for older paper label bottles and insulators
Got any pics I'm a radio and clock collecter fans to I have fans so old they powered by a burning candle wood box fans anything fishing I'm real serious the rightitems or lures I make alot of money on fishing talk later

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

BottleDragon

Reaction score
You have a really nice collection, Spirit Bear.

It's a shame you have to part with it.

A few things I wouldn't mind having, but the cost of international shipping and currency conversion would most likely be prohibitive.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Yacorie, thank you. It is still available, if interested. Click hyper-links for more photos: Photo one, photo two, photo three, photo four. From the patent and when the glass-maker of this example went out of business, it dates from 1882-1886.

Ken_Riser, I'm afraid that I have no fishing-related items left. I do, though, have numerous wooden case-clocks, some alarm clocks, and a few fans. The fans I have aren't nearly so old. The oldest one is circa 1916. So, here are a few of the clocks-- click the hyperlinks to visit their pages: 1886 Ansonia "Werra", antique musical alarm carriage clock, c. 1903 Sessions gingerbread clock, c. 1880s Gilbert with spider and gothic theme, 1895 New Haven "Dandy Line", early 1900s Seikosha 'school clock', c. 1890s-1910s German mini alarm clock, . If you do electric clocks, I have some as well, like a 1930s 'cathedral' style alarm clock. If you want oddities, then a 1919 time stamp still keeps perfect time.
As for the radio, only one I have photos of, which is also the oldest though I can't find anything on it.
IMG_20181213_145842.jpg

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Bottle Dragon, like what items? I'm not looking for full retail value on them. I'm just looking to get some money for university and fixing my car. Stuff comes and goes. It's not too concerning to me what happens to it.

TROG

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if you have any Pot Lids or overseas bottles. Thanks David

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi